Phonak AUDEO S Smart IX

Will be getting my first HA’s Thursday the 13th of January. Pretty excited about it since I’ve need them for probably 10 years and have avoided getting them (I know shame on me). I chose these based on allot of research and allot of the comments I’ve read here on the forum. But I’m a little apprehensive about whether to buy accessories now, later, or ever for that matter, and which to buy.ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Here are my questions. Your answers don’t have to be based on technical merit although those are welcome and appreciated. To me, your personal opinions are every bit as valuable because the questions are pretty subjective:<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
· Would you buy accessories now or wait until later (I’m looking only at MyPilot and iCom but only want to buy one at a time).<O:p></O:p>
· Which would you buy first, iCom or MyPilot?<O:p></O:p>
I can use both but and don’t really have a preference which I get first. However, if there is something about the functionality of the HA’s that it would make it better to buy one before the other, I’m wide open to suggestions.<O:p></O:p>
Thanks in advance for all your help.<O:p></O:p>

I have never owned nor thought I needed the icom. I did however buy the mypilot from the first. I’ve found it very handy, especially at first, getting oriented about the different functions and learning how they help me adapt to different sound scenarios. The most useful feature, to me, is the ability to choose and function and volume (you can’t do both with the on-aid buttons).

myPilot first. You can’t take advantage of the full range of Zoom Control without it; besides, it will give you access to many other functions.
I like the iCom because I have it paired to my Bluetooth landline at home. It handles that well, as well as a cell phone.

My experience has led me to a different opinion in regard to iCom and MyPilot:

I use iCom pretty much all day every day if not actively in use then in standby. prepared to receive or place calls through my desk soft phone in my desktop or through my iPhone.

There are times when the remote control is handy, but for the most part the automatic soundflow handles things. I have the pilotOne which has a “Home program function” but prefer the MyPilot functions.

One piece of information is that I changed from Audeo Smart ixs to Ambra HS ITE because of problems with sweat moisture shutting down the battery in the BTE Audeo Smart. No such issues with the ITE form AND I have both volume and manual program select on the Ambras.

Good Luck,
TerryB

Thanks to all. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Bob