Phonak Audeo rechargeable cable specifications

I would like to replace the short Phonak rechargeable cable I received with my Audeo hearing aid for a longer cable. I believe it is a USB male to mini-B cable. I have not been able to confirm this on the Phonak web site.

Can anyone help me? This is my first experience with a hearing aid,and the cable length is just a little too short.

Try a mini-USB cable, gently, and see if it works. The two most likely are mini-USB and micro-usb.

I think it’s a micro, offhand. Roger devices are also micro. Compilot and other accessories are mini.

I think you might be able to use an ordinary / generic male-female usb extension cable to extend it.

In preparation for a trip to Germany I had to check out the charging units I have for all my equipment. I have finally determined that the Phonak rechargeable unit uses the USB to USB Micro-B connector. Phonak tech support had mistakenly said that the connector was a Mini connector and not a Micro connector.

Phonak provided me with a free adapter kit which included a data cable labeled USB to USB Micro and NOT Mini. So, unless the label on the package is incorrect, I believe it is a Micro USB and not a Mini. I won’t be using the Phonak adapter for Germany as the prongs look a bit smaller than the adapter I know from experience works in Germany.

It was important for me to know which connectors to use as my cell phone and Kindle use the USB to USB Micro-A which is just a little bit bigger than the Micro-B.

I hope this information will be helpful should anyone need to replace their cords.

I solved the problem of the short length of the charging unit by using an Anker PowerPort Cube which has three outlets and 3 USB ports plus a 5 foot long power cord which is connected to a power strip. The cube is only 2.44" x 2.44" x 2.44" so it is perfect for traveling.