Phonak Audeo Lumity vs Slim Lumity

Looking at getting a new RIC from Phonak and it seems to be a tossup between the Audéo Lumity and Slim Lumity.

Is there any difference besides the external shape/form factor and colours? Any comments on the different charge docks? Can they both be charged via USB battery pack whilst traveling?

Feel the slim is actually quite large but it does hug around the ear more which gives a better sense of security, especially as I’m changing from CIC and not used to having something behind my ear yet. Wondering if this will be something I’ll get used to so probably better to get the more compact/lighter one anyway. Then again have young kids so security is good. Probably overthinking it!

Not looking at Life or Fit Lumity RIC models. Will get L90

1 Like

It’s thinner and a lot longer.

Audeo comes in some colours now including green and pink but can’t remember if that included the Slim.

1 Like

There’s a Unique left and right design which has never been the case with Phonak before.

I wondered if they are shaped more to left / right ears?

1 Like

The slim only comes in the standard colours, I have had the silver for a couple of months. I would have gone for the Audeo Lumity if I’d been able to get a nice bright colour

1 Like

@Zebras I just tried mine behind the “wrong” ear, the shape difference is subtle, but just didn’t feel quite right.
@Conndor have a look at the specs, I think the Audeo Lumity covers a more severe hearing loss than the Slim. I chose the Slim, because they felt more comfortable behind my ears with glasses (I don’t have big ears).

1 Like

Also @Conndor I just remembered, as yet there is no “charge and care case” for the Slim, I don’t know if there’s one for the Audeo Lumity