Phonak Audeo Lumity Life L90: Multiple TV sound devices

Does anybody have two TV-connected sound transmitters working with a single pair of hearing aids?

For example: a TV in the kitchen and a second TV in the living room, each with it’s own device paired to the same set of hearing aids.

If so, can you simply move from one room to the other and have the hearing aids automagically re-connect to the device in that room?

2 Likes

I have two connected but to computers, not tvs. But what you describe should work if they aren’t too close to each other. When you are close enough to connect you can get a bit farther away and still receive. I go out of my office and into the bathroom across the hall and lose connection a few feet in the bathroom. I don’t get connection back until I’m about 8 feet or so from the computer. If I’m downstairs under the computer, if a notification comes in, it will grab my ears until it times out from the quiet again. (Analog audio will drop connection after something like 40 seconds of quiet, and not reconnect again until a certain volume of sound is input again. Toslink stays up until you shut off the source or drop it manually.)

hth

WH

2 Likes

@confirm
I have 2 TV Connectors. One in the Lounge and one in the Bedroom. They are not in range of each other, but they both pair at the same time.
Peter

2 Likes

Phonak TV transmitters? Yes.

Generic bluetooth transmitters? Probably. Watch the range though. Some go 50 or 60 feet.

Surely a TV Connector/transmitter only needs to transmit as far as your ability to see the TV screen??

I agree, and the Phonak tv transmitter doesnt have a huge range. It could be used in a muli-transmitter household. Some generic, low latency transmitters have a larger range. Bluetooth class II has a range of 10-20 meters. The proprietary hearing aid transmitters have their own specs and dont necessarily match up with a standard bluetooth class.

I think it depends on the use case.

If I am watching talking heads - where the audio content is virtually everyhing - I might find it useful to go into other rooms to do stuff while still listening to the program.

OTOH, something with that much range might defeat the use of multiple transmitters linked to multiple TVs.

@confirm
I actually do this, to be fair. Our kitchen backs on to the lounge. I can be cooking, and shout TV quiz answers to my wife, who forgets I can hear the TV

1 Like

Somewhat related … I have two pairs of old TV Connectors. I used to have one connected to the TV, the other freed up to connect to my laptop if needed.

My memory is foggy, but I think once I got the Marvels, I was able to connect to my laptop via Bluetooth, So that meant I only used the one TV Connector that was wired into my TV in the living room.

I was prompted by this post to see if my new Lumity Life 312s can connect to the same old TV Connector, so I got it out of the mothballs, plugged it into my laptop, and it seemed I was automatically paired + connected to the device. But NO audio streams through the TV Connector into my aids. Could that be because these aids are already pairde to my laptop?

I tried several times to pair these new 312 Lumity Life aids to the TV Connector. Got the confirmation beep tones, but NO audio streaming.

My DOH. I only had to get a movie going tonight and the new 312s streamed fine!

3 Likes

LOVE IT! I do the same with my hubs. I’m in the kitchen rustling up the grub, and he’s parked in his easy chair in the TV room watching a show. I’ll HAIL out a comment or answer to something said on TV from another room.

WE. ARE. SUPERIOR!

2 Likes