Phonak Audeo Life hearing aids

Could it be that your friend is not SEATING the aids firmly enough in the charger? I find my new Life aids lasting 16 hrs, no prob. I stream about 2-3 hours a day of music or movies.

I would try that route in a heartbeat. Dang, I should’ve moved my jaw a bit, but you know how we all AGONIZE during impressions: “SHOULD I?” “Maybe I SHOULDN’T!” So I sat nice and still.

2 Likes

@1Bluejay

My friend doesn’t have the Life version.

The other person I responded too also didn’t mention Life so assumed they weren’t talking about the Life version.

:slight_smile:

I used to have to push in my bass double domes 100 times a day too. Then I went to the next size up on the domes. They hurt for a few days but my audi said (or maybe I read it here on the forum) that the ear canals eventually would adapt to the tighter fit, a bit like developing callouses on fingers. That’s what happened and after maybe two weeks my ear canals stopped hurting and I never have to push my domes in. So I’d say don’t give up on your snugger fit.

BUT…I seem to have developed a different problem that might be related to the tighter fit. I constantly have to change my wax guards. That’s a subject for a different thread, which I am about to start.

I’ll see how the new, remolded silicone tips fit when I return to my audi this week (if they’re ready!). I get how an ear canal can adapt over time to a new shape/size of tip, but it’s kind of like a set of new retainers: it’s going to HURT, and if the original impression was not close enough to one’s actual ear canal shape/size, that adaptation would take SO many days that the ear canal can actually get open sores - kiss of death for someone like me who can’t even go 24 hours w/no aids in till my ear canals heal.

My only fear is that when I pick up the new tips, they’ll be just a SQUEAKER too small - just a hair! But that will result in permanent feedback leakage, given the power needs I have.

At least my perfect fallback is the old-fashioned silicone power double domes SIZE L, which I’ve worn for years now. They seem to be a good balance amongst comfort, no feedback, and not having to push them in MORE than 100 times a day, LOL!

I have to admit, the custom molded silicone tips STAYED PUT. They did not BUDGE. I had to work them in a bit first thing in the morning, but then OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! all day long till I gently pulled them out and collapsed on the floor from the daylong assault on my ear canals. We’ll see when the new tips come in! Miracles can happen…

Does anyone know if the P90-RL uses the same receivers as the M90 and P90 HAs? I understand that the Life has a pinless design and that you “snap in” the receiver. I ask because if they are special receivers made for Life HAs where would a DIYer buy them?

Tells you further up in the post.

1 Like

In this video phonak says the receiver are compatible with the current receicer portfolio.
So yes, they are the same receivers

By “current” are they only referring to the “Slim” “Fit” and “Life” range? The tip of the receiver looks different when I zoom in on it in that video. As if there is more of a “plug” design on the male part of the receiver.

I am using them and I swim with them! :slight_smile: It is just great! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: https://youtube.com/shorts/DVwIiu6ed4Q?feature=share