Phonak audeo L90-RL and apple car play

I recently got new hearing aids. Previously I had Oticon and now I have Phonak audeo L90-RL in both ears. Prior to Labor Day weekend I was doing a trial of the Phonak ones that were not waterproof. I have a BMW 330 with Apple Car Play. I have an iphone 14 Pro max and am running IOS version 17.0.3

With my Oticons and then with the trial Phonaks, when I received a phone call when in the car, I would answer the call by pressing on the screen in the car to accept. The call always went into the car speakers. As of Labor Day weekend, when I got the new aids, the call is going into my hearings aids.

Yesterday, when I returned to the audiologist, we spent nearly 2 hours connecting and unconnecting and unpairing and re-pairing with no luck. The audiologist contacted three people at Phonak and the last one said it had to be a problem with Apple Car Play.

I just can’t understand that the issue is with car play as it always worked before. My messages come in and they are not read into my hearing aids but into the car speakers.

Does anyone have any ideas? My goal is to return to the way things were before these new hearing aides with the conversation going to my car speakers when in the car.