Phonak Audeo L90-R - Changing Bluetooth Devices

I have a pair of Phonak Audeo L90-R hearing aids from the October 2022. My wife has a pair of Phonak Marvel 30 hearing aids from April 2019.

We just bought the Phonak TV Bluetooth device and like being able to each hear clearly at the best volume to suit each of us. They installed in a ‘plug-and-play’ fashion.

We clearly do not understand what we need to do when we want to place a phone call after using the TV device. The information on the Phonak website offers little help. Do we need to go through the multi step pairing process each time after watching TV? How about using an iPhone to livestream the news while walking?

I don’t remember having these problems with my ReSound LiNX3Da devices, but they are ‘made for iPhone’ and Phonak has reasons for not going this route.

Please help us understand how to maintain connectivity. I thought I understood that I could take a phone call while watching TV.

thanks
baumgrenze

So whats actually happening when you make or receive a call? When using the tv connector phone calls take priority, use your phone for this, your models do have hands free but no problem to begin with answering from your phone, when you finish a call it should go back to tv streaming, i know what you mean with resound, they are far superior with their attention to these things, completely automatic between phone and tv streaming.

I have walked out of my front door with Radio IQ (local NPR network) live streaming the news. Once I was across the street, I was dropped. My only option was to stream with the sound playing on my tinny iPhone speakers. When I got home and tried a phone call, only the speaker worked. The next morning all the problems were gone.

RadioIQ’s app once had a menu to let me switch between the iPhone speaker and the HA’s. I no longer see that. The app was released several years ago. It seems to be the same version.

My hope in posting is that someone with greater knowledge about how Phonak HA’s interact with an iPhone.
thanks
baumgrenze

Sorry i can’t help with iPhone and your HAs, I’m sure someone will be able to help, plenty of iPhone users on the forum.

Hi @baumgrenze. You will see if you read through other articles in this forum that Phonaks are known to be somewhat unreliable in connecting to bluetooth. Having said that, the latest Lumity models are much better. Mine have been working fairly reliably over the last months.

No, you should not have to re-pair your HAs after listening to TV. You should also be able to hear live-streaming from your phone just like any other bluetooth connected device. Here are some suggestions.

1. Make sure that your Audi has installed the latest firmware in your HAs.
  2. Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS installed - currently version 16.5 (makes a big difference).
  3. Check that the bluetooth connection on your phone is connected. If not, click on “R-Phonak hearing aid” and then make sure it says “Connected”. A lot of people are confused because you will also see “LE-R-Phonak hearing aid” and “LE-L-Phonak hearing aid” in the list. Those settings are used by the app and get turned on and off all time but do not affect streaming from you phone to the HAs.

Good luck

1 Like