Phonak Audeo B90-13 Volume Switch

I’m trying these aids for trial. Can anyone tell me how they like the switch below the program button?
I can’t seem to hear from anyone regarding this.

Switch definition: When you are in a program and need the sound to be higher or lower you can use the switch.

The audi said he can disconnect the switch, but forgot to ask him what advantage would that be.

Anyone have any experience with the switch? It doesn’t seem to do much as I can see.

I believe you are talking about the volume switch. It raises and lowers the volume of your aids. A very handy control.
That switch can be set up to correct that aid or both. Each toggle of the switch can also be set with more or less dB in volume change.
I personally wouldn’t want aids without it.

Thank you so much. Yes I was talking about the volume switch. Did you mean for example: if you press it once for lower and want it more lower then press it again? Or have my audi do dB volume?

The switch is a toggle. It moves up or down.

1 Like

Each time you toggle the volume control, it changes in 2 dB marks.

I’m really naive, what is 2 dB marks?

I have aids with the same type of toggle switch. I can’t explain what 2db means exactly, but it’s the amount the volume changes for each press on the switch.
On my aids there are ten volume levels that can be selected with the switch. When I move the switch the aid plays a tone so I know it’s worked. It plays a different tone on the lowest, middle or highest setting. If you can’t hear the tone the switch must be disabled.

1 Like

The switch can be enabled in the software. Your audiologist should be able to set this switch to your liking.

1 Like

Okay, I looked up dB marks. You are right amount of volume change. I assume you can change volume yourself without your audi doing it. I must try it.

The web site: called, What is db frequency? The worlds #1 web on hearing. Said 1 dB could be used, they are not practical, known as normal listening. 4-6 dB range are most noticeable.

Boy, I’m learning from all of you, now I have some intelligent questions when I see my audi.

Thank you all,

Super I will ask. I’m excited to be using this option. I think I will buy these.

I find I never have to adjust my volume control. Mine are set for 5 (10 dB) clicks up and 10 (20 dB) clicks down.

1 Like

So, if my audi changes the switch to more or less dB volume change, will that affect the default programs that we have, Melody, Speech in noise and Comfort level also, or they two separate levels to use?

No.
The switch allows you to change the volume up or down in whatever program you are in at the time.
Those changes can also be remembered in memory. That way the audiologist can see the needed changes you preferred in any particular program you happened to be in at any given time.

Thank you, I’m still learning.

On the dB scale, 3 dB is about the minimum change required to notice a difference in volume. A 10 dB change is normally heard as a doubling or halfing of the sound level.

I don’t have this specific HA, but I don’t find the volume control with the rocker switch to be that useful. I never use it. If I need to change volume up or down, I use my iPhone app to do it. However, that is very infrequently. About the only time is in a noisy restaurant, I may cut back on volume a bit. The function that I do find useful on the rocker switch is the ability to totally mute the HA’s. A longer hold mutes the HA’s until another longer hold is used to turn them back on again. That feature I do use frequently when I am in very noisy situations and don’t want to take my hearing aids out.

He did adjust the rocker yesterday to higher. My programs seem to be a bit too high on a normal level. May have to adjust again, or use the down switch on rocker.

Thank you for the detail on longer holds, didn’t know that. My audi isn’t the best person for details, I rely on the forum.

I find I never touch my volume even tho I have it set to 10 dB up and 20 dB down.

I have the B90-13 aids. I thought that I would like to be able to change program AND volume on them.
But one of the toggles fell out, so I can use the other one.
I had a PilotOne remote control for my older aids and didn’t like the idea of
having to carry it around.
But I ended up getting one for my B90s , it is much less awkward to change the
volume than wiggling the switch on the aid itself.

Curious how those aids work out for you. What receivers are you using?
I just bought a set of Naida V90 UP aids. They are set up on power slim tubes. So far pretty good. These aids are huge compared to yours. A few members with profound hearing loss are having great results with RIC aids.