Phonak Audeo Android phone, paired but not connected

Hello. I just got a new set of Phonak Audeo Ps today (P90-13T).

I’m trying to use my Samsung A12 Android phone with the Bluetooth streaming feature.

The phone is paired with the aids. I can use the MyPhonak App to adjust volume, programs, etc.

On the phone’s Bluetooth list it says the left and right aids are “paired”. But when I try to “connect” either aid a dialog appears “An app is needed to use this device”. This happens even during the three minute ‘pairing’ period for the aids after turning them on.

I can’t get the phone through my aids. I believe the connection is the issue. The instructions say “After your hearing aids have been paired to your device, they will automatically connect again when switched on”. But this isn’t happening.

I couldn’t find much online or here about paired but connecting. Very grateful for any pointers / suggestions.

Craig

There is a third connection you need, not in the app but in the phone itself. If you know which aid is your BT master, reset that one by opening and closing the battery door on it. It should show up shortly after in the Bluetooth dialog for pairing on your phone. If you don’t know which is master, reset them both. The one that shows up is master…

WH

1 Like

Thanks very much WhiteHat - I have the streaming (audio music from phone) working, still working out the phone call part, but I’ll get there!

Android 12 set up seems to be different from that experienced by iPhone users: I find that it is only necessary to pair the HA connection called something like ‘L-phonak hearing aid’ just ignore the other two devices that show up, the Phonak app will handle these on its own in Android, no need to pair them.

I’d suggest starting again and unpairing all HA connections via Bluetooth settings in Android 12, restart your phone and HAs and then just pair the main device (L-phonak hearing aid).

An example of what a streaming connected Audeo Paradise Life should look like in Android, note that the extra two connections are not connected (ignore F025 it’s nothing to do with this)

This screenshot shows the device fully connected, both streaming and Phonak App:

@BeLo

Why doesn’t your App connections show like others do? These are mine. My App shows LE part of the Bluetooth connection.

If you have it streaming but not making calls then just tap on the settings icon next to it in Android Bluetooth settings and doublecheck that it looks like the below:

Edit: Sorry wrong image originally uploaded

I’ve got Android which handles this a bit differently.
Just to make sure that I wasn’t talking out of my backside I just tested this out by deleting my HAs and starting over again:
It took roughly 30 seconds from cold to have them fully paired and connected again.
I can confirm that the Phoank App handled the whole setup and there was no need to manually pair the HA LE connections at all.

Thanks all for your advice - I got it working.