Phonak Audeo and iPhone: Want to take phone calls but NOT stream

I recently switched from Android to iPhone. In Android’s bluetooth settings, I can choose “Phone calls” and “Media audio” separately in device details, so that I can have the HAs take phone calls, but not play media from my phone. In iOS/iPhone, I don’t see these settings. Currently, all of the little chimes from Facebook and other apps are playing in my ear, please tell me how to make them stop, but continue to take calls :slight_smile:

Signed,
Almost happy iPhone convert

1 Like

Hello, in setting, control center. There is “Hearing”. I’m going tu upload two screenshot.

Also, relative to what Adrian suggested, you can also go to Settings, Accessibility, Hearing Devices (1st item in Hearing, 3rd section down in Accessibility), and then under Hearing Devices open Audio Routing and again, similar to what Adrian pointed out, you can choose amongst Always Hearing Devices, Never Hearing Devices, and Automatic.

1 Like

Gentlemen, thanks for your responses. Unfortunately, my menus don’t look like what either of you describe. Here is what I see when I visit these menus:

Are these devices supposed to be MFI? My audiologist configured them on my phone, but I’m not certain of the settings.

Any other ideas? At least it wasn’t something simple that I was missing :slight_smile:

Brad

Phonak aids are not “Made for iPhone.” It’s confusing. They are compatible with iPhone using Classic Bluetooth, but they are not “Made for iPhone.”

1 Like

I found it! To enable “headphone accommodations”, this has to be done first:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Headphone Accommodations. Turn on Headphone Accommodations.

At that point, my menu looks like the one @Adrian posted. Thank you both very much, and my ears thank you :slight_smile:

Brad

1 Like

Well, my happiness was shortlived. I have the settings correct, but the sounds and music are still playing on my HAs. Toggling them nor restarting the phone have any effect.

Any other ideas?

Brad

Turn off notifications. You may not want to do that, but I think it’s the only way.

Notifications can be finely changed for each app. You can turn off audio notifications but leave visible notifications on, which I tend to do.

WH

2 Likes

If turning off notifications is the only option, I’ll just leave the HAs disconnected from Bluetooth until I want to take/make a call. I know people love their iPhones, but I’m definitely not feeling the love. Don’t even get me started about the very sad state of affairs vis a vis keyboards and widgets on this thing compared to Android.

Brad

Thanks so much! I t urned “Headphone Accommodations” ON.
Then it says,

• Balanced Tone (checked)
    *Vocal Range (not checked)
    *Brightness (not checked.)

I’m wondering which to select. Perhaps “VOCAL RANGE?”

OK, I think I may have really found it. Swipe down from the top right to bring up Control Center. Click on the audio widget (it’s the upper right for me). This screen will appear:

When I first brought this up, the HA was checked. I checked “iPhone” instead, and now calls route to HA, but Youtube and iMessage notifications (the only things I’ve checked so far, but it’s a great start) stay on the phone.

If this is it, it’ll go a long way towards helping me acclimate to those phone :slight_smile:

Brad

2 Likes

This helped so much!

(Rant—corporate phone was switched from BlackBerry to iPhone a few years ago. I couldn’t believe how many notifications I got! It was absolutley terrible. And no one knew what to do! That order was about 1,000 phones!)

1 Like

But they got such a good price! :smile:

1 Like

No one helped. I had to figure out what to do myself.It was never really good.

So now my PHONAK Paradise P90R’s are so much better. Third set of Phonaks. Just have to get them set up right…

Apologies for joining this thread so late. I have a new Iphone 15 and Phonak Audeo P90R HA’s less than three years old. I can do the phonecalls, hear all alerts and tones, but cannot stream any music from the ios apps. I have tried the unpairing/forget and re-pair with no success. I can stream bluetooth audio from this phone on any other device, except for my HA’s. I was able to stream music on an older Iphone X, but not on this new phone. Can anyone offer some advice?
Thanks … Jawone