Phonak Audeo 90 dying and coming back to life

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the strange behaviour of one of my Phonak Audeo 90 HAs, before I book an appointment with the audiologist. I really just want to know what might be causing it, in case there’s anything I can do about it. Here’s the problem: one of the HAs (the right one) is to all appearances stone dead in my ear. Not a squeak or a rustle, not a bluetooth murmur. But when I take it out and leave it for a while it comes back to life. Put it back in the ear, and wow - I can hear again! But this miracle lasts only ten seconds or so, after which the HA fades away and dies again. The HA is fully charged (according to the app), the left one is working perfectly, and my right ear isn’t bunged up with wax or anything - if I put the left HA into it I can hear that OK. Why should simply being put in my ear cause the HA to conk out like this - and then come back to life without being recharged or anything? I can’t think of any explanation, but I’m no expert and I’m obviously missing something - even if it’s probably something I can’t put right. Any ideas anyone?

Swop the receivers over. That’ll tell you if it’s simple as the receiver or the Aid itself.

1 Like