Phonak App and iPhone

Hi folks. I’ve been successfully using the Phonak app on my iPhone for the past year or so—until today! Suddenly the app will not connect to my iPhone and keeps coming up with the message saying there is no internet connection (which there most definitely is!)

I have unpaired the devices, reinstalled the app and rebooted my phone and repaired the devices but still no joy. The two aids appear in my Bluetooth list as connected BUT the third entry (to allow Bluetooth streaming) has disappeared.

The devices work OK but I don’t have any control over them—they are just stuck on Automatic.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Steve :blush::+1:

UPDATE ….

I have downloaded the Phonak app onto a different iPhone and I still have the same issue. So it’s obviously either the app itself it the devices. :thinking:

Could it be be unpaiir and forget?

1 Like

Hi. Yep, have tried that! And every other combination of unpairing, forgetting device etc… :roll_eyes::+1:

I wonder if it is the app itself. I have had trouble with hearing aids randomly changing volume and have been in to have them looked at twice. I just happened to realize that it only happens when connected to the app! So frustrating because I really depend on the app for using my phone and streaming. Is there a way to notify Phonak?

Have you tried turning your HAs off/on via your charger? First unpair, remove all the Bluetooth entries from your iPhone…then, put them in the charger for 15 seconds, take them out, wait a few more seconds and begin the pairing process via the app.

Unpair, forget then boot the phone.
???

I have sent a message to the Phonak app people and they have raised a ticket. Will update as soon as I hear back!

Hi Jordan. I’ll certainly try this! Thanks :+1::blush:

1 Like

Hello, did you ever hear anything back from this?

I got my hearing aids back from Costco and nothing has changed. The volume is just randomly changed whenever I am connected to Bluetooth, regardless of connection to the app.

Can Bluetooth on my phone be the problem? I really don’t want to get another phone. Just got this one at the end of 2023.

I just did this today. I did: “Forget all Devices” in Bluetooth. Turn HAs off & then on to pair with Bluetooth. Then on the Phonak App - turn HAs off & then on. It will search and a pair message will come up to pair R one and then left one.
It appears with Phonak you have to pair BT and the streaming etc separately. Hope I explained it clearly