Phonak announces Naída Marvel, the world’s first super-power hearing aid with universal Bluetooth connectivity

Hmm! And here I thought that all Phonak products were now made in Vietnam. When did they switch production to China?

Mine was. But how does it get from VietNam to here? It’s not a big box. Small high-value stuff has often come in via China Air overnight flight, from an airport in China. There may be restrictions on trucking, there may be quarantine stations, they could hold a driver until he coughs…

The hearing aids aren’t made in China, but some of their components are.

Well whether the whole aid is made in China or just some of the components

I am scheduled to pick up a pair of naida marvels for trial this evening. I have a profound hearing loss with very poor speech comprehension. We shall see but I know I need to go into this being realistic. Let’s see if the program that’s available will pair up with my android phone since they still don’t list the naida marvels on their app. So a lot of questions. I’ve been wearing aids for 40 years so I’m not new to this. Let’s see how it goes for me anyway.

Good luck with the new aids.

I can sympathize about speech recognition, I too have terrible hearing. But, hearing aids help a bunch. This forum has helped me learn so many things.

Hope you have success with new marvels. I have slightly better hearing then you (we’re close) and though I’ve not tried the Naida M, my Audi thinks the SP model is not strong enough for me. I did try the M90-13T a year back and it didn’t have the power I needed. I’m now leaning towards the Resound Enzo Q, which I think might be a step above the Oticon Exceed.

The Enzo Q just hit the market (I believe) but don’t know how quickly will be distributed.

If you shared your audiogram it could help us help you.

Pending on your loss frequency lowering might be good for you.

Don’t know what not strong enough means. I’m currently trying the older naidas. The marvel naidas has many more features than the old naidas have. I’ve got nothing to lose. It’s not like I’m hearing well now. Like I said before I’m not expecting any miracles. We shall see

Strong enough means do you have enough power, gain, etc., do deal with one’s hearing loss. Strong enough means preferably a 675 battery that can handle the needs of a UP hearing aid. Not knocking SP aids but with your hearing loss you need go with an Ultra Power hearing aid, since it will give your Audi more room to make HA adjustments. Good Luck

Well I’ve been testing the older naidas in sp and they seemed powerful enough but again my speech comprehension is just awful. I have problems with up aids because they’re too thick causing ear pain. But again we’ll see

Yep, I have worn UP and SP aids. Even with my big head the UP aids would get uncomfortable. The SP aids were so much better. But after learning I am deaf in the upper frequencies I realized there was zero reason to put gain in those frequencies. That’s when Phonak’s Sound Recover 2 came in. It has been wonderful hearing so many things not heard in many many years. Now wearing Audeo RIC aids with P receivers and doing pretty good.

Yes, I see you could be the poster-child for Sound Recover. As you say you are not-so-bad below 1kHz but have near-nothing by 1.5-2kHz. Which cuts-out a lot of speech sounds. (as you know) SR brings those highs down to lower frequency. The pitch is “wrong” but of course you learn to associate them as high-sound you can now hear.

With my lesser loss I think SR is annoying. But looking at my father I know it is in my future.

I got these yesterday for a trial. So this is very preliminary. These aids are strong than the naida b aids. We put in the same settings for these aids in the b and it was louder. We the b’s to me seem to suppress background noise the marvels let more background noise in. So they’ll be an adjustment period. Which I expected. The my phonak app doesn’t work yet with the naida marvels. I called phonak about that and they said maybe another two weeks. So far I only have 3 programs installed in the aids. The priority phonak program, a speech on noise program for conversation in a restaurant and a music program. Like I said everything is louder I may be hearing better but it’s too soon to tell. But if anyone was concerned about power these seem much stronger than my naida b’s. I’ll get back in a couple of days. I need time for the brain to adjust. I hope phonak gets moving faster on their My phonak app and maybe adds a little more options to the app. We’ll see.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and good luck with those aids.
It will be nice having that much power with size 13 batteries.
Keep us posted.

“Power” is not so much about soft and medium sounds. The “power” also allows the aid to bring loud sounds up to the Very Loud level your ears need. (And if you prefer not to hear very-loud in natural proportion, Compression reduces the need for raw power.)

Go in that hard crowded restaurant, or to the tire shop (whirrr-whirrrr!) and see if the aid punks-out trying to keep up.

I don’t see that happening. My old naida didn’t do that and they weren’t as powerful. I’ve already stated that I haven’t had these long, not even 24 hours. I’ve also stated that I am trying these. My audiogram is posted and if you look you’ll see it’s pretty dismal. All I can do is tell you my personal experiences as I go along. I’m not going to get into a debate whether these are powerful enough. If I get a chance to go to a restaurant I will report on my experience. But I’m not going to get into a powerful enough discussion since that’s an individual thing. What’s powerful for one person may not be powerful enough for another. My hearing stinks and I have a profound loss and these at the moment to me seem pretty powerful. We will see if that remains true as time goes on. If you have a problem with phonak and it sounds like you might, save it for someone else. I’m just trying to hear

Hang in there. You have read these forums long enough to know what you are dealing with.
There are people who will argue with a fence post.
Keep us posted.

1 Like

Good point. Thank you

I don’t know tried streami g last night with. Y naida marvels. Never had the Bluetooth feature available to me before. I used Spotify. My first experience was awful. Garbled and couldn’t hear vocals. I was kind of like what the hell? I fooled around with my phones setting a samsung s9 then went back to the app. No better. I then notice my volume bar was red. I turned the volume down until the bar went green. Eureka. Good sound considering it’s coming out of a phone directly into my aids. What a weird concept. Turning the volume down to hear better. For me it was always automatic to crank the volume up. Phonak says their app myphonak is still a couple of weeks away before it’s compatible for the naida marvel. Strange but that’s okay because it gives me time to adjust to the new aids as is and in different environments I shall power on unless I get struck down by the coronavirus and get isolated.