Phonak announces Naída Marvel, the world’s first super-power hearing aid with universal Bluetooth connectivity

Um! Did someone call my name?

3 Likes

It’s not my name or handle, but personally I would never be offended by “Gramps”. I’m highly qualified for the name, as I’ve got 11 grandkids, some of which are of an age that I might “Great-Gramps” soon.

My grandkids ride my motorcycle with me, go camping with me (maybe I need to call it gramping), sailing with me, etc. They argue with their cousins over which family my wife and I are going on vacation with this year, and family reunions are a blast.

Gramps have to do with kids, not age or activities. :wink:

Sorry for the off-topic rant.

5 Likes

And unfortunately some people use gramps in a derogatory manner. But in this case I misunderstood.

2 Likes

I talked to Phonak rep and they said that they don’t have UP model planned. Instead the SP model for Naida Marvel will cover both SP and UP ranges. So what you said makes sense - simply using HE11 sound tube gives 81dB max gain which is just 1dB short of older Naida B UP model. This shows that this Naida Marvel SP is powerful enough to cover those with profound hearing loss like me. I prefer this Naida Marvel size and I prefer size 13 batteries, these hearing aids are smaller, more discreet, and offer above-their-weight fighting punch when it comes to hearing power. The Bluetooth connectivity on top of this is amazing. I can’t wait to try them out when they are released.

1 Like

Looking forward to reviews about these Naida Marvel SP aids.

I can see these in a rechargeable version too, would be nice.

I compared Naida M with Naida B - it is same as Naida B SP, but Naida B UP have much more power - not 1 dB difference, but 3-6 dB (same as between Oticon Xceed SP and UP)

Well looking at new UP hearing aids (strictly from a power standpoint) I would assume the Oticon Exceed is the leader in that category. Put aside the 675 battery versus size 13, Now I’m talking new aids that came out late 2019 and Naida Marvel coming out this month. Everyone seems to say though that the Exceed and Naida Marvel are very close in power for those with a severe to profound hearing loss. My suggestion would be to trial both and compare.

Another question that should be asked is how the Naida Marvel performance and power output stacks up against the Audéo M-13T, which came out in 2018. The Audéo M-13T is listed for someone with a mild to profound hearing loss - though I tend to feel its more of a mid-range hearing aid for someone with a mild to medium hearing loss.

In any case at the end of this month or next we should be getting some posts as to the performance of the new Marvel SP aid.

Yes, let’s wait for reviews to come out and let some users try them out before we rush to a conclusion. I will be personally trying different UP models and Naida Marvel SP before deciding which one to go for.

@Lostdeaf Looking at your audiogram and then looking at mine, they’re both somewhat similar. I also just realized that I am currently wearing Siemens 701 Nitro SP hearing aids that have 675 size batteries, which last a good 15-20 days. Now I feel sad and hope that Phonak releases a Naida Marvel UP hearing aids with size 675 batteries. We waited a really long time for Phonak to release the hearing aids with Bluetooth compatibility and now we’re both left disappointed. I am sure there must be others like us waiting for the Naida UP model with Marvel technology.

1 Like

I totally agree about all of us being patient and see how these aids work out. One of the pros wrote about how gain can be misinterpreted from a specifications standpoint. The ability for an aids to put quality sound at any given gain is a better answer to all of our concerns. As stated, we should soon know more about how these aids compare to the UP aids of the past.

I own a set of Audeo B90 13 aids with power receivers and also a set of Audeo M90 RT aids with power receivers. They both do well with my hearing loss using aggressive Sound Recover 2 settings. Most of you have much worse hearing than I do in the lower frequencies. I am deaf in all upper frequencies, no need to put gain there. The RIC aids are good up to 100-105 dB hearing loss. Knowing this you can answer your own questions about RIC aids.

If the Naida Marvel aids are anything like the Audeo, Sky and Bolero Marvel aids they should be really nice aids for those with profound hearing losses. Sure worth a try.

2 Likes

Well we’re now at the end of February and I’m still waiting to trial the new marvel naidas. Anyone hear anything about a release date?

1 Like

Going to be interesting to see how it stacks up against other power hearing aids. Wish it came with the 675 battery, but size 13 will do. Since Naida M will go head to head with Oticon Xceed, and I think the determining factor (deciding which aid is better) will come down to performance in back ground noise. Folks with a severe to profound hearing loss really don’t care about all the bells and whistles some aids offer. What they want is better hearing in quiet locations and better hearing in noisy locations. For what ever reason the Exceed has not gotten many reviews by HA professional, on Hearing Tracker nor by general users and it’s been on market seven plus months. I expect to read more reviews on the Phonak Naida Marvel (pro or con) starting next month.

2 Likes

Does on market mean they are available for trial or purchase to the general public?

Resound enzo q is also available both in P and Sp versions

Purchase on market now. Phonak roll out starts late February and I’m told HA suppliers in my area have them in limited (but growing) supply.

I was talking to my Audiologist last week and she said they were meeting up with the Phonak Reps in the next couple of weeks, she said this is normal practice for announcing a new product range and she assumed this will be the new Phonak Nadia Marvel? Cheers Kev

1 Like

Well no offense but that sounds kind of like a guess, at least until the meeting takes place.

I find this some what interesting and extremely confusing. Taken from Phonak website, the company says the Naida Marvel is for someone with a severe hearing loss. (Not a profound hearing loss).
Phonak advertises Naída as a device "specifically engineered to address the unique communication needs of people with severe forms of hearing loss.

Yet I thought the (new) Naida Marvel SP is supposed to be the most powerful hearing aid Phonak offers. Yet the company classifies it for someone with a “severe hearing loss”. But if you look at the specs/write up for the Audeo M-13T (which is a notch below) the Naida SP Marvel - Phonak claims the M-13T range is for mild to profound hearing loss.

I’m sure there is overlap in the hearing charts for both aids but it does seem very odd to me Phonak claims one aid (Marvel SP) is for the severe hearing loss group - while the Audeo M-13 can be used by the profound hearing loss group.

https://www.audiology-worldnews.com/new-products2/3714-phonak-releases-naida-marvel-with-universal-bluetooth-connectivity-and-rogerdirect

PhonakPro site has the Naida going down to 120 dB HL @ 4 - 8 kHz; the Audeo with the UP cShell only gets to 100 dB HL…On the consumer facing website it says it’s for mild to profound losses while the Audeo says the same actually though the UP receiver in the Audeo can’t handle mild low frequency with profound high frequency so there’s that…

It’s not worth debating, the specification sheets speak for themselves.
The Naida M SP aids will cover most profound hearing losses, not all.

None taken Hass… :slight_smile: