Phonak and Tv Streaming

Is there any other option to stream tv to my Phonak Lumity hearing aids other than their tv connector?

I have a Lg tv that supports Bluetooth but haven’t been able to pair them with the tv and I’m really looking for something that would stream to my aids and also allow the soundbar on my tv to still work the way it is now as my wife would need that.

Has anyone tried some of the Bluetooth boxes off of Amazon or other shops.
The phonak tv connector is priced a little steep for my budget, especially after the huge cost of these aids.

Thank you

eBay is a good option. I got my TV Connector V2.0 for $65.

Search the forum. Many people have tried but theres serious issues with lip sync problems and some people complain of a huge echo.

3 Likes

Check eBay and Facebook marketplace. Used Phonak TV Connectors pop up for sale cheap. Usually well under $100.

Jordan

1 Like

eBay and marketplace have some but being in Canada the exchange and shipping from eBay is almost the cost of a brand new unit.

Buy from eBay Canada? Would you then not get the exchange?

I do go onto eBay Canada ,but most listings are from the States so I would be paying in American funds thus the high delivery fee, the exchange

Patience is a good thing when buying off eBay.

Have you looked at completed items to see how often the TV streamer comes up and how much it’s selling for?

1 Like

Lumity can be a bit fussy when pairing compared with Paradise but when paired poor lip sync isn’t noticeable with modern devices.
My tip would be to persevere as they should pair after a couple of tries. I turn my aids off and on again rather than using the charging case to activate pairing and that seems to work pretty well.

I haven’t used my TV Connector in over a month and I stream about six hours a day. The TV Connector V2 just causes too much interference with other devices. It is also only compatible with older versions of Dolby so that means you need to disable 7.1 if you have a sound bar or home cinema.

There may be a slight echo if listening at the same time as others but if you turn down the ambient sound on your aids then that won’t be a problem.

Just for interest, a few days ago I checked on Kijiji for used hearing aids. Somebody (in Barrie IIRC) was offering a pair of used M90Rs (with earmolds) along with charger, TV connector (unused) and something else I can’t remember, for $100. Gone now. For anybody looking for deals it’s a matter of being patient. Check the obvious places like Ebay, Facebook Marketplace and Kijiji.

1 Like

I looked in eBay and there are refurbished TV connectors v 2 for 80 US dollars.