Phonak aids and app

Probably a stupid question, but do I need to use the Phonak app with my aids?

If I can use them without the app what would I lose access to?

Thank you

Not a stupid question. You will lose the ability to set your own programme preferences. I alternate between using the app, or not using it at all.

1 Like

You still have Bluetooth control for the aids if you eliminated the app?

I don’t know if it has anything to do with the app but I’m getting tired of my aids changing in the app from automatic to Bluetooth and then back to automatic whenever there is a notification on my phone. It hisses in my ear when it goes back and forth.

1 Like

The use of the application is not necessary for the operation of the hearing aid

But the app just makes some things convenient
sound amplification, frequency balance adjustment, and program adjustment.
It also shows the battery status more accurately if you are using the rechargeable version.

1 Like

I turn off sound for all notifications otherwise I’d be driven mad as well.

5 Likes

you need to use the app in order to optimize the experience. You certainly can use your aids without the app but there are lot of things you can only do by using the app.

2 Likes

Notifications are from apps on your phone, and not related to the Phonak app. I have an Android phone so it is easy to go down the list of apps and pick just the apps you really want to hear from.

5 Likes

I use the app daily for:

1. Checking rechargeable batteries level.
  2. Switching between programs.
  3. Muting (some sounds I don’t want to hear, and there are times when it’s good to be hearing-impaired).
1 Like