Phonak aid compatibility with Oticon tv transmitter?

Can I use an Oticon tv transmitter (not sure that’s the right word) with Phonak Audeo L90’s? VA gave my dad a roger device which is great for conversation. But he needs to be able to mute the tv in the room for my mom OR share it — he goes back and forth many times a day. The only way I can find to do this is buried in the tv settings which he isn’t capable of doing.

Eventually I need to set whatever transmitter we use up through an audiovox or similar speaker. That mostly benefits my mom who refuses hearing aids. But the leveling out of commercials helps some as does the voice clarity. The one we have is many years old so I may upgrade it.

Wandering here. :slight_smile: If there’s a third party product that would work or a Phonak other than the Roger, I’m all ears.

Thanks for any help.

Oticon TV connector won’t work with Phonak. Phonak has a TV connector but I’m not sure that’s going to help your mute/share issue. I would think there would be a button on the TV remote.

1 Like

most tv for the last 20 years have a volume and Mute control , If you connect the tv connector via toslink optical cable that usually is not affected by the mute or volume.
The Roger device can also be connected by toslink optical cable
the Phonak TV connector :
https://www.amazon.com/Phonak-TV-Connector-Black/dp/B079DW35QQ/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=1344704456091197&hvadid=84044320134336&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=52688&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-84045094760844%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=25255_13492962&keywords=phonak+tv+streamer&qid=1702345023&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.17d9e15d-4e43-4581-b373-0e5c1a776d5d

1 Like

Thank you.

There is a mute button on the remote :wink:. When we mute the tv using that button, it mutes both the sound through the hearing aids and the sound through the tv’s own speakers.

I connected through the cable that came with the Roger device. It connects to the audio out on the tv.

Does the TV have a optical output … that is usually not controlled or affected by the volume control or muting .
The Roger device is able to connect with the optical cable that came with it.

1 Like

I have an older model of Phonak (Marvel) provided by VA. At my request the VA provided a Phonak TV connector at no cost. I have mine connected to Toslink output on back of TV. The Toslink connection allows the TV speakers to be set at any volume or muted while being able stream audio directly to my hearing aids. Volume to hearing aids can be adjusted on Phonak TV connector.

1 Like