Phonak Active Vent Battery Usage

Hi Everyone,

I am trying out Phonak’s Active Vent with my Audeo L90s and like the way they sound so far. The only negative I have about them is it seems the battery life is a little less now vs my regular receivers.

Has anyone else noticed they use more of the battery? I tried to contact Phonak support via their US 800 number but it turns out that line goes to a off shore third party company and are not really Phonak employees and the best they can do is read off a script. In fact the person I talked to didn’t even know what an active vent was when I first spoke to him.

Select SUPPORT in your MyPhonak App and under the “Help and Resources” section is “contact technical support”

I’ve used this option several times and had my question answered including a contact number should I need further help.

Give @WhiteHat a message - I believe he still uses Activent Receivers.

Good Luck!!!

David

2 Likes

I’ve used activevents for two years. Love them, no going back. I use TV connectors on computers and a Roger on to stream A LOT so it is no surprise that my HAs are beeping battery warnings to me when bedtime approaches. I have only preemptively charged my HAs mid day twice that I can recall. I don’t think HAs have gone dead more than 15 min before putting head on pillow besides a few extreme situations. The hearing aid that gets to beeping soonest is the old one. The other was serviced last year and came back “like new” (whether really new or not, I dunno. I’m guessing they burned the serial number into a new one and sent it on.) so the battery is a lot better. This summer I expect to send them in for service before they go out of warranty. You may be right. I didn’t record battery performance before and after. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the activevents.

WH

2 Likes

I am curious as to why you are using the TV connector for your PC instead of Bluetooth? Does it do anything better with it?

Thanks for the info

1 Like

Conventional bluetooth uses about twice the power in the BT master aid as when you stream using either TV connector or Roger.

WH

1 Like

That’s good to know. I am new to hearing aids so still learning all of this. Do you use your PC for virtual conference calls on teams or zoom? I am trying to see what the best way would be to speak on a web meeting if I used the streamer for the sound.

I use google meet and zoom. Having it streamed to my ears makes it so much better. I started with HAs in Sep 2021 after more than a year without aids, knowing I needed them. I went a little crazy at home with the tinnitus blaring in the quiet alone (my wife was declared critical and was full time on-prem at work) Zoom/Meet wasn’t so bad, but being alone without any other sound made me a little nuts. I know now to run a sound machine to give me some background. Sound Oasis make some good (if pricey) tinnitus gear.

WH

1 Like

I have a pair of P90’s with accuvent receivers and a pair of L90’s with acrylic ear molds. I do not notice any difference in battery usage, however, it makes sense that there is some additional power expended to operate the accuvent switches. I usually wear them between 16 and 17 hours which includes an hour or two of streaming.

1 Like

It probably depends a lot on how often one changes from one listening environment to another that would require the active vent to be activated/deactivated. Let’s say if you stay at home most of the times and don’t change your listening environment often, it probably wouldn’t use up battery as much as somebody who’s more active and changes their listening environment a lot more often, like going to work, then lunch, in transit to and from work, meetings, phone calls, streaming music, possibly going out at night, etc.