Phillips 9050 and 9040

I notice that there is no mention of how long the rechargeable version lasts on a charge. Just says, “Lasts the whole day”
Does anyone know if they specify how many hours a full charge lasts? Tnx

It’s not easy to answer this open ended questions because it depends on the amount of streaming one does during the day. The more streaming, the less time it lasts.

I’ve heard from folks who use the More for 16 hours a day and still have 30% charge left at the end of the day. I hear that the Intent can last up to 24 hours a day. Maybe somebody who’s been using the Intent can chime in here. But again, the more you stream each day, the more juice it’ll consume from the total daily charge.

I know that you’re asking about the 9040 and 9050. I don’t know specifically for these aids, and perhaps actual users of the 9040 will chime in here. The 9050 hasn’t come out to Costco yet. But it might be safe to assume that the numbers reported for the More and Real would reflect the 9040 number, and the Intent numbers will probably reflect the 9050 number.

Another relevant question is that if they run out in the middle of the day or before the end of the day for you, how fast would it take to fill it up (either fully or partially) to keep you going until the end of the day. For the More and Real (and probably the 9040, too), see the below chart

For the Intent (and probably the 9050, too), Oticon makes the claim below in one of their videos

2 Likes

From the Philips web site.

A fully charged hearing aid should give you a full day (18 hours) of operation. This is why we recommend that you charge your hearing aids every night

2 Likes

I had a set of rechargeable 9040 for a couple of weeks. TV streaming for about 4 hours takes 25% of batteries. When I spoke with tech support on the phone to complain about this, they said that is typical.

They also would not stay paired to the phone and streamer. I went through a lot of gyrations with tech support to get connected. They failed again the next time I tried to use them. I was using an Android Pixel 7 Pro.

1 Like

Even my 3 year old Resound One’s last well over 18hrs with streaming and with my high gains so hoping the 9050 might do better.
My new Jabra 20’s have about 50% after 16-17 hrs with streaming, but connectivity blows with my Samsung S20. Thinking of getting a S23 since my S20 isn’t holding a charge very well as its getting kinda old.
Tnx