Philips HearSuite 9030 default values of its 13 programs

I thought this mapping exercise might be useful to see what default values are set for each program. I did this exercise after I manually created a dummy customer which had my manually entered audiogram values. However, I’m not sure if it’s tailored to that particular audiogram, because when I add each program (to investigate its default values), it typically asks me whether I wanted to specify P1 or Target.

If this has been done already, or is invalid except for the particular audiogram I used, please delete this post.

EDIT: Replaced the upload because I found a mistake, where the original missed stating the default Comfort Control setting for the Noise Program is “Maximum” (original was just blank for this value).

HearSuiteProgramDefaultSettings.pdf (29.3 KB)

2 Likes

This is useful as I have just ordered these HAs.

I have no idea whether these settings depend on the audiogram. My guess would be they don’t, but is your audiogram anything like mine?

Similar, mine’s a little steeper. I’ve just added my Audiogram, which should show on a refresh.

I believe there’s always some variation, when you change the algorithm and/or the acoustics.

It does this because you may want to keep those values (P1) on any other additional program that you happen to set up, as in you make changes to some frequencies and want to carry that over to the next program (P2) or keep to the “target”
ReSound has AutoRelate which does just this, other manufacturers software as well.

Your topic was edited to move it to the DIY category. Now it is okay to discuss DIY.

Your settings (in your case of entering your audiogram into the fitting software) are based on your audiogram, as opposed to some other source such as professional settings that were already residing inside your hearing aids. Either source for your settings is based specifically on your hearing loss.

When you add programs you are not entering new settings for your hearing loss. You are only adding specific adjustments, such as front microphone directionality for speech-in-noise, etc, etc, etc.

Tip: Click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School

Thanks. I wasn’t sure whether you were saying that table of default Program values is universally valid or not, so I entered a new dummy client as a test, and populated its audiogram with the opposite slope from what I previously tried, and all values came out the same. So to me, that looks like that table is universally valid as default Program values (before any tinkering), and might be useful to some people (it didn’t really help rookie me very much).

Okay let me add some context/screen prints so that maybe we can get on the same page? Tip: you can click the images to enlarge.

I entered a client (Joe Blow) and entered a made up Audiogram. This audiogram represents Joe’s hearing loss for each frequency measured and for each ear;

Next selected the hearing aids (Hearlink 9040 miniRITE Rechargeable with Telecoil) with Bass Domes.

Proceeded to Fine Tuning (see below). The settings which are based on the Audiogram are circled. Look at the detail numbers because I intentionally gave one ear (red=right on your left view) a much larger hearing loss than the other side (blue-left).

1 Like

You are saying that your New Program default options (or whatever we want to call them- see clip below) are always the same when you start a new program. Okay cool, thanks, I’ll buy that. I just didn’t want these options to be confused with your Gain settings that are based on your audiogram.

1 Like

Thanks much. That’s what I thought you were originally saying. I just hadn’t played around enough in HearSuite to know there were numerical base audiogram settings (Gain settings) until you showed me (“Fit Instrument” → “Fine Tuning”). My two dummy clients also have different Gain setting numbers, as shown below.

I’ll take back what I said about the table not helping me very much, since now I see how this tells me at a glance whether there might variables whose change in values might help some problem or situation, and what values to revert to for the stock version of the programs.

Thanks again.

I found out one other thing about Phillips HearSuite. Initially I was looking for a Simulate feature. The fitting software for other brands have a Simulate feature where you can proceed without ever connecting your hearing aids and then experiment with various fitting settings without worrying about changing the current settings in your hearing aids, or in your database.

I couldn’t find a Simulate Feature in Phillips HearSuite. However, when I did proceed with a fitting session without connecting any hearing aids (I don’t have any Philips hearing aids) I noticed a designation as “simulated” so I guess it defaults to Simulate if you proceed without connecting your hearing aids.

1 Like

Didn’t know about Simulate. Thanks again for your help and guidance, especially so when you’re not a Philips owner. Much appreciated.

Yep, you should be able to try it yourself very easily. Create a dummy client Joe Blow, Male, Birthday 1/1/1950. Select the Joe Blow client and proceed without connection your hearing aids and without even plugging in your hearing aid programming device which is (Noahlink Wireless) I presume.

Then click anything-and-everything without consequence. :wink:

1 Like

I am doing trial of Costco Philips 9040, and was true with current KS10/Phonak via Target app, with 9040s will do a bit via Hearsuite software (if anyone needs it I believe it is available by adding the word “hearsuite” at end of this URL. Philips Hearing Solutions for professionals).

OP post 1 in this thread indicates Hearsuite defaults for 13 programs of Philips 9030. Are these likely to be the defaults for 9040s as well?

I’m looking forward to learning and at least doing some tinkering and experiments. Costco foolishly has buttons for both L&R HAs set to adjust volume, even though they said L would change programs and R would be volume.

1 Like
  1. Re: default program settings for 9040. I’m not home, where I’ve already installed HearSuite on 2 PCs, and don’t particularly want to do it again on this laptop. If you have HearSuite installed, you can check by selecting the device as your 9040 type. If you have trouble, respond back and in a couple of days I’ll be home and will check.

2. On my 9030s, a short press changes volume, and a longer press changes program.

Do you know where I can get the HesrSuite programming app from? I’ve tried mod the URL as you noted. I can’t get it from their professionals site. I have the Noahlink installed, I just need this. I have the 9040’s and would like to try to enable the secondary program for tinnitus masking. They are advertised as supporting this, however Costco does not. I’m sure this can be added.

Thank you in advance!
JM

Welcome to the forum, sure it’s available, great your trying DIY out, let everyone know how you get on with your project.

1 Like

@Jeff_M It seems to be available here (Philips Hearing Solutions for professionals
/hearsuite) you would need to remove the spaces in this URL that I put in B4 the “/”

I’d expect that if you post in the DIY subforum on this site, someone woould be happy to help you. Since I am returning my 9040 aids, I have not done much programming with them.

1 Like

@Edma It seems this hearingtracker site always tries to resolve URLs to show the link’s page title. What we see is a link entitled “Philips Hearing Solutions for professionals” which does not take us to a download page, whether we append “hearsuite” or “-hearsuite” or “/hearsuite”. Can you instead put some spaces in the http and .com of the URL so that we can see the raw URL? Apparently, a space before the trailing “/” doesn’t stop the hearingtracker software from resolving and displaying the page title. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you. May I ask, why are you returning them?

Will do, wish me luck!

1 Like