Philips Hearlink compatibility

I have a pair of Philips 9030 aids, and want to try the Hearlink app to use with my Iphone se 2020. I have installed the app on the phone, but have not yet used it. Before I do, I’ve noticed there is a new version, Hearlink2. Would it be advisable to use the newer version, or should I stick with the original? I understand the new version, can be used with the Apple watch, which I do not have. Can the new version be used with the Iphone only, or must it be used with the Apple watch?

Thanks in advance.

It will work with the I-Phone ok.

The major change is the new app allows your HCP to make adjustments remotely. (Though my Costco is not doing this at the moment.)

Thanks. Are eq settings retained after unpairing?

Yes. If you quit the app and then reconnect it will use the previous settings.

One other type of compatibility concerns Android and iOS. I have an iPad and an android phone. I installed the app on both. Both versions work flawlessly. I was worried that I might need to ‘forget’ a connection when switching but there is no need— just fire up either app and it connects within seconds.

Dang. I might want change eq settings to be permanent.

I, too, have the Phillips 9030 and have just downloaded HearLink2 to my Samsung S21. All seems to be working fine with many improvements and more controls over the previous HearLink…

1 Like