Philips HearLink 9050 to hit Costco soon? With similar tech to Oticon Intent?

I’ve done all that and it still doesn’t work. We even did a firmware update at the audioligist’s office. We’ve un-installed, rebooted, reinstalled, checked and rechecked every setting…
What’s strange is that I can stream things from my phone through my hearing aids, but the phone calls don’t come through.

Have you turned Bluetooth LE Audio off in your phone?
In settings search le audio or developer.

@LisaD OK, I am sure you have seen this with all of the work you have done but what the heck, I need practice typing :slight_smile: On the Bluetooth screen for my A52 5G there is a setting wheel next to the connected apps. The setting lets me turn phone and streaming on or off separately. Any chance that phone is off and streaming is on.

1 Like

Do you have 9050s, Speecup? If not, which HAs do you have?

1 Like

Which hearing aids? New Oticon or Philips 9040?

They’re the Philips 9040.

I wonder if delays in introducing new products at Costco, such as the Philips 9050 and the Rexton Reach, has to do with their need to clear out old inventory before replacing it with new models. Their stated reasons for being able to sell at such low prices includes bulk purchasing. Hence, they have inventory which is already bought and paid for. If they are operating on a low profit margin, they can’t afford to simply dispose of those unsold hearing aids. And of course they won’t be able to sell them once upgraded versions are for sale in their stores. This would also explain why they don’t give their dispensers any lead time on the introduction of new products.

1 Like

I never had the feeling that Costco was ordering hearing aids from their “inventory,” but instead thought they were ordering from the manufacturer. They will also need to be able to get older models from manufacturer for warranty replacements. I’d be more inclined to think it has to do with both sides being hard nosed negotiatiors and it taking awhile to reach a deal.

1 Like

Can you specify the location of the 3 Costco stores?

All three in Fort Myers and Naples BUT they do not have the 9050s yet. When looking at the 9050 brochure, I saw where I could click to find retailers. The retailers were all local Costcos.

Do you have a link to that brochure? I am still only seeing brochures for the 9040. Thanks.

I’ve looked all through my settings and cannot find an LE audio setting.

There is not a setting wheel that I can find in my phone.

google hearlink minirite 50

1 Like

You have a much newer phone. On my phone it is on the screen which shows the individually connected Bluetooth devices. The setting wheel is on the same line as the device name. I would hope that the S23 has that capability somewhere because I need to keep streaming turned off so notifications and other sounds don’t drive me crazy:)

Sometimes these newer phones aren’t all they’re cracked up to be.

@LisaD

The Phillips 9040s do not support LE Audio. They are not hands free with Android phones.

But I heard that you should be able to hear callers through the HA’s, but you have to talk through your phone. The way it is now, if a call comes in while I have bluetooth on I have to hang up the call, disconnect my Bluetooth, and then call them back.
It’s either that or not use the app at all.
And I was told that the S23 phones are supposed to have the hearing aid capabilities. Evidently somebody was mistaken.

It is my understanding that the S23 will have that capability once the Ul 6.1 is installed. You still have to have a LE Audio capable hearing aid. According to the White Paper referenced in another thread, the Hearlink 9050 will have that capability, while the 9040 and earlier models do not.

1 Like

Thank you. This makes sense. I’m going to pass this along to my audiologist.
And I think I’m going to hold out for the 9050’s.
I appreciate your helpful responses.

1 Like