Philips HearLink 9050 to hit Costco soon? With similar tech to Oticon Intent?

I did the same waiting for the ks9’s to arrive. Bought the ks8’s and the 9’s dropped two weeks later. Returned the 8’s with no hassle or charge and got the 9’s and am still happy with them. I think they will still do this.

Good luck

2 Likes

I bought a Pixel 8 a year ago in anticipation of Costco selling the new Bluetooth standard Hearing Aids (9050). It is taking longer than I expected. But I have convinced myself it will be worth it. I expect the delay is related to changes in BT standards and Costco trying to make sure it is up to date as well as being reliable.

I have a feeling the delay could be in part around the lack of a smart (embedded-battery) charger, which is currently included with all brands they sell including the 9040. I mean, how to sell less to customers for the same price - or do they now drop the price?

Something is going on with pricing within the industry in general, so I suspect that the delay has to do with how much money Demant wants and how much Costco is willing to pay. The 9050 isn’t the only Costco hearing aid which has been delayed. The Rexton Reach with the new IX technology has been on the market for almost 4 months, but it still isn’t in Costco.

You can get BT LE Audio in the Jabra EP20s, if that’s what you want. WRT Philips, the 9040s came out about a year ago after months of buzz. Isn’t that a standard marketing technique?

I asked the audi at Costco a week ago and she said that USA are getting them but Aus usually has to wait months later. I get 9040s this week so will be watching to see when the 9050s arrive IF the Phillips work for me. Feeling very tired of this upgrade journey :crazy_face:

Someone posted here a month ago that he was told by a Costco employee on the West Coast that the 9050 was already in their stores on the East coast.

We’re still waiting . . .

Glad that the hands free appears to be compatible with Android. I’ve used the Phonak Brio 4’s the last few years, and can not, will not, go back to Bluetooth adapters/dongles/whatever. It got me though countless virtual meetings at work. My Brios just have to hold out until my insurance resets.

I have KS9s and feel the same way.

Checked with my local Costco (NJ) store today and HAS said they had not heard anything about the 9050’s but said that Costco doesn’t tell them anything and they are always the last to know.

2 Likes

Went to my local Costco today. They confirmed that they recently had a meeting and that the Philips 9050’s are coming. They could not give a date.

6 Likes

I contacted Philips customer service to inquire about the availability of the Philips Hearlink 9050. They informed me that the product was recently announced, but it will only be available for purchase through Costco. Unfortunately, they couldn’t provide a release date or any further information on when it would be available, as they are not authorized to comment on that.

1 Like

This makes me wonder :thinking:. Maybe Costco is waiting for the Smart Charger to be released before they release the Phillips 9050s. I think I would consider it if I were them.

1 Like

My dog told me a dog at the dog park told him 9050s would be in Costco by Thanksgiving

4 Likes

That was my dog who told him that. He said to tell you he was just funnin’.

5 Likes

Was waiting for them after hearing about them in January. First hearing aids. Had also researched the Jabra EP 20. After not even any info of really any definitive type, decided to fit the Jabras late April…expecting the 9050 then to immediately arrive. EP 20s showed me how much I really needed them. 9050 tech and reception/performance will be interesting to watch…but I am pretty much delighted with my current situation and will keep tabs on developments for future adoption. Not using the six-month switch tactic.

4 Likes

I am new here and have a question. About 2+ months go I bought Jabra Enhance Pro 20 - chose them because I always had ReSound and thought that’s what I should pick. One month later left aid stop working - microphone. One month later other aid stopped working - microphone. So I returned them and they suggested Hearlink 9040 because I have moderately severe hearing loss. So I got a pair of those 10 days ago and I love them and they improve my hearing greatly. I also have Auditory Processing disorder. Today - 10 days into my 9040’s I see where the 9050’s are or will be available very soon. So my question is will they allow me to exchange my 9040 and get 9050 aids and is it worth getting 9050’s - are they a lot better than 9040’s. I feellike I need and should have the newest and best technology and aids I can get but feel guilty about returning a second pair all within 3 month. Thanks for your replies

We don’t know how soon they will be out, so don’t return the 9040s until you have a replacement… Assuming you bought from Costco, there’s no problem in returning them and no reason to feel guilty. It’s their policy; you didn’t create it. “If FOR ANY REASON, you are dissatisfied . . .” If you return them any time within 6 months for any reason, they must honor their policy. They own it. In fact, you may want to buy the 9050s before you return the 9040s. That way you can have a direct comparison and keep the pair that works better for you.

1 Like

ARe you sure you trust that dog, lol?

Yes, this. They might have to take back the old ones but they don’t have to sell you the new ones. Problem solved if the new ones are already sold. If I were @Roger5 I’d subtly raise the subject without putting it out there as a concrete plan. It’s probably good to get a feel for how the wind’s blowing from the fitter’s perspective. It’s good to keep them onside.

1 Like