Philips 9040 Portable Carrying Case

I’m looking for a portable carrying case for my husband’s new Phillips 9040 hearing aids. He wants a small hardshell case. The main reason for this is when he is outside mowing the lawn. He uses headphone type protection, but doesn’t want to wear the aids during that time.

Since he is new to hearing aids, he wants something simple, where he can pull out each aid and put them back in his ears. I can find all sorts of cases on Amazon, but I think an earbud case would work. One with a slot for each aid. He has RITE type HA’s. Which one would fit his hearing aids? It doesn’t seem that these cases are universal as in one size fits all. It would appear to look like this.

This picture shows ReSound, Oticon and Phonak cases, left to right. You can find some for sale on eBay. No need to have a slot for each aid.

2 Likes

Yep, I have all three and he has his similar case from Phillips. However, this is not what he wants for his purpose. The carabiner wouuld keep the case with the aids close by. This way he can quickly store the HA’s before he starts yard work and can pop them right into his ears afterwards without searching or dig around for them.

He’s not being fancy, He wants convenience and functionality when and puts them back in his ears. For anyone that’s had to go looking for their hearing aids, I think this would work. He uses his case from Phillips to store his aids overnight. Guys use their pants pocket for their wallet or keys, They don’t have room for a bulky storage case, where most times a woman usually has a purse.

HA’s in a case dangling from the waist during yard work would be too precarious for me. The Phonak case is the smallest by far and fits easily in pants pockets, in place of a wallet which you probably don’t need to carry in your own yard.

Maybe he can to use a hearing aid retention cord/safety cord that he can wear his hearing aids around his neck while he is working.

Small zip bag, dimensions: 3"x2.4"x0.8"

These work great

Another vote for the Phonak case. I bought one at Amazon for a few bucks to carry when I go out in case I decide to take the HA’s out. This way I can leave the charging case connected, and the Phonak case is also much smaller.

I’m not dangling my expensive HA’s from my belt!

1 Like

I have a small zipper bag that came with my molded hearing protection. When I’m using a snowblower or riding the motorcycle I take the aids out, put them in the bag that holds the plugs and then reverse the process when I’m done. I put the bag in my front pants pocket. No way I want to risk losing my aids!

https://westone.com/defendear/hearing-protection-device-hpd-zippered-pouch

WH

Not sure I follow, I got this case with both my Philips aids, as well as the chargers, fits easily in my pocket. Is this case not working?