Philips 9040 bluetooth streaming problem

I have Philips 9040 MNR TR. Everything works ok, except for bluetooth streaming music or podcast from my phone. Phone is Samsung S10 with ASHA. Streaming works but then while I am walking outside with phone in my pocket the right or left HA intermittently cuts out. Clearing bluetooth cache does not help. I have seen others post about this problem. Has anyone found a fix?

Get your phone up closer to your hearing aids. With no walls to reflect off of, the received signal strength is low, especially if parts of your body are in the way.

WH

2 Likes

I have this same problem, if I hold my phone while I’m walking it is fine but as soon as I put it in my pocket I get the cut outs. It is very intermittent, sometimes there will be no drops for 5 minutes then for no apparent reason they start cutting out. Only seems to be a problem when I’m moving, if I stand still it doesn’t seem to happen.

2 Likes

When I go for a walk and am using the phone I place it in my shirt pocket instead of carrying it in my back pocket like normal. It does great this way since it is closer to the HA.

4 Likes

I wonder if this is a problem LE audio will fix. I’ve only had my 9040’s for a month and I hope the 9050’s come out in Australia before my trail is up, I doubt it though as we still don’t have the Jabra 20’s yet. Wait and see.

1 Like

I switched to an iPhone pretty much because of this issue (and even then, I occasionally have this problem, but not nearly to the severity of an android). If you have a jacket with a chest pocket, that will help. If you do frequently stream while on the move, you might have to consider the bluetooth connector device.

1 Like