Philips 9030 and iPhone stopped speaking

For the longest time, triple clicking on the side button of my iPhone 12 brought up complete hearing aid control and then is stopped working. iPhone is at latest OS 17.5.1, 9030’s at latest firmware. No Hearlink software installed on the iPhone. Tried unpairing, forgetting 9030’s, rebooting iPhone with 9030’s off then turned 9030’s on. Comes up in accessibility with 9030 not paired then after a few seconds forgets that and goes into an infinite MFI search apparently.

Anyone have any ideas or should I just forget it?

Are they possibly paired to another iPhone or iPad?

After updating iPhone OS 17.5.1, Phonak Naida P70 could not hear any notification. Looks like a dead HA’s. BT still connected and shown on iphone 13. Youtube sound could not be heard on HA’s. No phone calls or connection via iPhone.

Have update myPhonak Apps and reset iphone. Still the same proble.

Anyone could help?
@Michael_Phonak , @Zebras, @kevels55 kevel

1 Like

I can’t say I have that problem Dan, although I don’t have the latest firmware on my Naida Lumity’s hearing aids… I don’t bother updating my aids, I do however update my iPhone 12 on a regular basis, and I have the latest version of their software 17.5.1 I believe? Sorry, I can’t be more helpful, good luck in finding a solution… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Forget the HAs and repair. That would be my first step.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Have a nice weekend ahead!

1 Like

I will send to Audi for service. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Just to clarify… I think @Zebras meant forget the aids in Bluetooth settings and pair again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, that was it. They were paired to the iPad and the iPhone. Worked find before the latest update. Unpaired from iPad and iPhone works as it did.

So much for Apple’s “Continuity” :grinning:

1 Like

I need BT to receive calls. Maybe, delete Myphonak apps and switched off the iPhone and restart again.

1 Like

To forget your Bluetooth HA and repair will take all of 1 minute or less so you won’t be without the option to take calls for that long.

3 Likes

Noted with Thanks. Have a sunny & nice day.

No sound in the P70 was caused by the moisture in the damper of teh ear hook… After the Audi used a blower to blow some air into the ear hook. The problem was solved. Not battery or BT problem.
Thanks @Zebras ,@kevels55 , @d_Wooluf

2 Likes

I had this happen a couple of times Dan, this year! So, I removed the dampers, Phanak has to be using a different material for the Ear Hook dampers, mine appear to work fine without them? Cheers Kev :smile:

1 Like

I always have some spare ear hooks just in case.

I’ve only had one issue so far.

I disconnected my ear moulds / tubing before I put the HAs in my dry tub so the ear hooks can dry out.

2 Likes

@dankailo

How do you find the P70 in relation to the Xceed? Is the P70 better?

2 Likes

When the HA is connected to the BT (as shown in the iPhone) but no sound then we have to suspect the damper is blocked by moisture. Immediately used a blower to blow some dry air to dry the damper. Remove the ear hook from the HA by twisting the hook anticlockwise. Blow dry air to dry the damper. That’s what the Audi does with my HA’s.
Maybe one day, I will remove the damper and see how is the sound.

1 Like

Disconnect the ear hooks and put it in the drier is a good way of drying out the moisture.

2 Likes

Xceed sound is more mellow and P70 is sharp while streaming. Xceed has a better connectivity with iPhone versus BT in P70. Xceed shows battery level in the apps while P70 does not. P70 able to hear car warning sound on lane departure while Xceed could not. Latency in Phonak when switching from program to program in automatic setting. Xceed always stay in P1 (general).
P70 - left ear with starting sound but right ear nothing. Xceed - Left and right with starting sound.
Try for another 6 months and see which better in noisy enviroment.

1 Like

I find the P70 has much better range then Xceed but I do like some features that are only available on the Xceed like saying out loud each text that comes through.

I hope you manage to find which one you like. :slight_smile:

1 Like