(Paradise Or Lumity) Advice Needed

Hello everybody !

I need your advice, I’m wearing Phonak Audeo Q90 (312) since 2014, (my hearing loss is moderate between 55db and 65 db) and I’m thinking to upgrade to Paradise 90 Or Lumity 90 because I struggle to hear soft people talker and I need to make a lot of effort to hear in calm or noisy situation, is there a big improvement between the audeo and the paradise or lumity? which one I have to choose ? so I will need a good hearing aid which will help me to hear better and in every situation

Thank you all in advance.

1 Like

I actually have both, and there is a noticeable difference to me – the Lumity actually exceeded my expectations. Better speech understanding in noisy environments, which greatly reduces listening fatigue. When I was wearing Paradise I would come home exhausted and frustrated after having lunch with friends because I was struggling to understand them; no more with Lumity! I’m hearing sounds that I was not hearing before (e.g., cat purring, car engine). Music sounds much better. I have Reverse Slope Hearing Loss and my husband’s voice has always been hard for me to understand and that became even more challenging after he had throat cancer surgery, and understanding him has improved to the point that he even noticed the difference! Also for reasons I don’t understand, there is less whistling with Lumity, even though I’m using the same style domes. When I put my Paradise in for a few minutes just to make sure they are still working, everything just seems quieter. (I’m going to confirm with my audiologist that they have the same settings, but I’m almost certain they do.) I have seen nothing but positive comments about Lumity in these hearing aid forums, except some don’t like that they are not offered in a removable battery option. Not everyone is a fan of rechargeables, but I personally like them. Which reminds me – the battery life is longer with Lumity. I wear mine around 14 hours a day on average, but even at 16 hours they are still going strong. In the couple of months I’ve had them, I don’t recall the battery ever completely draining. We are all different, but for me, the Lumities are much better than Paradise.

5 Likes

I HATE the wax guards in my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s.

I’ve heard–but can’t confirm that the wax guards in the Lumity are much better.

I would love to have Lumity if that’s the case.

DaveL
Toronto

Is this with the stick-like version (Cerustop). I have found it to dead simple and quick. I disliked the rotary pack approach.

I’ve been wearing Phonak’s Lumity hearing aids since last October and they are incredible. I posted many observations in a few other threads on this forum. Just stay away from the waterproof Life version with the inductive charging base as a number of people on this forum have had many issues.

Jordan

3 Likes

Same wax guard. Same receivers.

1 Like

Thanks Neville. I hate the P90 waxguards.

I too have reverse slope hearing loss. My concerns with hearing in noise are always present when I’m at a restaurant, so maybe it’s about time I make the switch to Lumity.

1 Like

It’s not perfect (nothing ever will be), but it’s a big improvement. I hope the Lumity works for you.

3 Likes

Thanks for the discussion. I too plan to leave my Paradise 90 for a Lumity 90. I was afraid that the upgrade wouldn’t be worth it, now I will try it.

2 Likes

I went from Audeo B90s to L90s (Lumity). There is a significant improvement in speech recognition both with and without noise. However, I would caution you to not expect too much from speech in noise. It will be an incremental improvement and not a miraculous improvement like the marketing would like you to believe. Also, speech in noise depends on the speaker you are listening to being LOUDER than the surrounding noise. If the speaker is at the same level as the noise or is speaking softly, you will not notice any improvement.

2 Likes

Understand.

Good post.

I also have tinnitus. Ears are different…but each is like a high school orchestra with new players tuning up as best they can. Arrrggghhhh.

DaveL
Toronto