Pairing Unitron Moxi B-R with Huawei Nova 11

I had no problem connecting my Unitron Moxi to a Huawei P40 (BT 5), devices shown as R-Unitron (with media and calls), LE-R-Unitron and LE-L-Unitron (with permission only).
With a Huawei Nova 11 (BT 5.2), R-Unitron has permissions only without Media and Calls.
Any ideas?

I think this has less to do with BT version and more to do understanding what’s going on. I’m pretty sure Unitron Moxi is using Phonak’s “Classic Bluetooth.” LE bluetooth is only used for communicating with the app. Classic BT is used for phone calls and streaming. When you attempt to pair the phone, there should be 3 connections, the two LE ones you mentioned and the Classic BT connection, most likely to the R ear unless somebody changed it. Are your hearing aids still paired to the old phone? If so, unpair it and try again. If that doesn’t do it, I’d undo everything and try again. Uninstall phone app. Remove any pairings. Turn off any devices that might be paired to the hearing aids.

5 Likes

That was my understanding, tried everything I could think of but the R-Unitron does not have calls and media permissions. Also does not try to connect when tap, have attached a link to screenshot video.

The aid seems to be paired, but not connected. For starters I’d try disconnecting the watch and unpairing it. Possible other sources of troubleshooting help would be directions from Unitron, a call to Unitron or your hearing aid fitter. In general I try to simplify as much as possible.

Definitely not compatible with the Huawei Nova 11, connected it to a demo phone with the same results. Connects but not as an audio device.