Pairing Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with Oticon Companion aids

Can anyone help with pairing Oticon Companion with Samsung Galaxy S20 FE phone? Audio not working with phone apps. Only works with speaker phone which makes hearing phone calls challenging.

First of which aids do you have?
Only the More and Real chipset based aids will stream from that phone. It sounds like you have the OPNS or older chipset based aids.

1 Like

“Oticon Companion” is the name of the app, so we don’t yet know which Oticons you have.

The aids determine how the app works and how the phone works. The app only installs on the phone and it will install on almost any Android phone but it is the aids that determine how and if you have streaming or not, or even how the app will function.

1 Like

with this link you can check streaming options between Oticon hearing aids and mobile phones

For OPN and OPN S models you will need ConnectClip for audio streaming and phone two way communication

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////_____________________________________________________________________________

By the way the app really is a very minor part of the package and something that a lot of us don’t even bother to use. I have the More1 and Real1 aids. With my severe hearing loss I can’t afford to not have working aids with me at all times. I seldom use the app. I can go days without even engaging the app, and I can still stream more calls and audiobooks to my aids from the phone, also, my Fire Table, android tablet and laptop by way of the connect clip,
The app is just a convenient object and rarely needed.

Many thanks for your good insights. As my profile indicates, I am acting on behalf of my Dad who at near 95 is pretty tech savvy even though he may not agree. His last set of aids were paired with Phonak Compilot. Now he has Oticon Xceed 2 BTE SP. Seems you are pointing out that the Oticon Connectclip performs the same function as the Compilot with any bluetooth enabled device. That is what he needs and it is compatible with his Samsung S20 FE. Thanks again.

Many thanks for your help. ConnectClip seems to be our solution.

Oticon Xceed 2 BTE SP. Thanks for schooling me in the terms.