Pairing phonak hearing aid with tcl google tv

Does anyone know whether it’s possible to pair my Phonak hearing aids with a tcl google tv. The TV has Bluetooth, but doesn’t seem to detect my hearing aids.

I’m not an expert on this, but I believe it’s a different type of Bluetooth. As far as I know you need a streamer. Some newer ones might connect but most will not.

1 Like

Yeah it’s possible because Phonaks have standard blutooth. I’ve paired my Phonak Lumity HAs with a Bluetooth TV, too.

2 Likes

I second @DamonHill :+1:t3:

unnamed

2 Likes

I use a Android box with Google TV, works fine with my KS10 aids. Should be fine with your TCL smart TV.

1 Like

Thanks for posting my photo in the good old times, mate! :joy:

1 Like

If you can’t pair your hearing aids with the tv, it’s obvious that for some reason, most likely the bluetooth in the tv is incompatible. Then you have no other option but to buy an external device like the Phonak tv conector. I must state that the phonak tv connector is a much better solution than classic bluetooth, because it uses a different form of communication developed by Phonak that works with hearing aids, and that is better because it saves battery on the hearing aid. Classic bluetooth draws more energy

2 Likes

If you are a cord cutter and stream most of the time, I would recommend a Nvidia Shield or Xiaomi Mi Android box with Google TV. I use the latter and connects perfectly with no latency problems.

1 Like

Are other things like phone connected? Probably will only connect to one thing at a time?

1 Like

Up to 8 for Lumity I believe, but both paradise and Marvel can pair more then 2, but did I miss what your HAs models are?

1 Like

Make sure every other Bluetooth device has Bluetooth turned off (phone, tablet, laptop, everything). Turn the hearing aids off. Then start the scan on the TV, and turn the hearing aids on.

1 Like

I have a recent TCL smart TV. It is paired with my Bose QC35 II headphones, but it is always a battle to get the headphones to connect to the TV. Have had this TV for about 6 months, and still haven’t figured out a reliable way to make it connect. I’m suspecting it will be a battle with your aids as well.