Pairing Phonak Audéo M90 to Apple iMac computer

I am testing out a Phonak Audeo M. Connects with my iPhone, no issue but running into trouble pairing with my iMac running Mac OS 10.15. I was able to initially pair with the computer and it seemed to be recognized for both sound input and output but then was disconnected. Now, any attempt to re-pair, after deleting the previous pairing, fails.

I tried resetting Bluetooth using the Option-Shift keyboard command while selecting BT to get in to debug and delete profiles. That did not help.

Any thoughts or is the Audeo Marvel only really able to connect with the phone?

Thanks!

I can connect to iPhone, iPad, & MacBook but others seem to have had problems. Try disconnecting from phone then connect to mac. If it works then reconnect to phone.

Also, make sure you have all the updates.

I have the same hearing aids - am able to pair to iPhone, iPad and iMac running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4. From memory it took a few tries and drop offs to get it to working - it’s been fine ever since.

Update: continued exploration of the hearing aid, app and settings. I have been able to successfully pair with my iMac if I turn BT off for the hearing aid on my iPhone. When done, disconnect hearing aid on the computer and connect again on the iPhone.

This morning, I was able to successfully pair with my Xfinity X1 cable box’s Bluetooth. At first, there was wicked latency but that soon evened out. Occasional sound drops but otherwise pretty good.

Now to test usage with the Roger IN Pen.

I come from using an Oticon OPN 1 with ConnectClip and TV box. The aid itself was decent but would occasionally restart and the Bluetooth connection with the iPhone would drop on an almost daily basis.

May consider looking at the OPN S 1 since I already have the ConnectClip and TV box.

So far, sound is decent on the Phonak Audeo M90 but since I am only on day 2, still getting through the brain training with a bunch of stuff sounding tinny and hearing more low end with high end being cut off. Changing to Clarity setting on the app helped a little but I think tweaking the settings with the audi should help.

Things I miss though going from OPN to Audeo is that with MFI hearing aid, I can see the battery status on the iPhone Today View. Would be nice if there was a Today View widget option for the MyPhonak app.

One good thing though with the Audeo, thus far, no Bluetooth disconnections. Solid.

Sadly, because of Stay At Home restrictions, can’t test the hearing aid in a crowd or office meeting setting.

I have Specsavers version of Marvel aids. Not the same aids, probably, but as we talk about bluetooth connections, they are pretty much the same. What I understand from my own experience is that you need to “forget” another device to be able to connect to the one you want. So, if I want pc connection to work, I have to cancel mobile connection and vice versa. Would be very happy to be proved wrong and if someone shows me the way to connect both simultaneously

Sadly this seems to be how the KS9 from Costco and Specsavers work, only the Marvel got the firmware update to multiple bluetooth connections, who knows maybe in the near future they may offer it.

1 Like

So, there IS an option for simultaneous connection? What I don’t understand is that stingy approach from Phonak. They already sold the aids, so why not enabling firmware? They deliberately cripple the very same aids??? No wonder that Nazis kept their gold in Switzerland…

1 Like

KS9’s and presumably M90’s as well, only connect to one thing at a time. Sometimes it’s automatic–ie. the BT goes seemlessly to my car’s BT when it’s on, and then back to the HA’s when I leave the car. Other gadgets, such as the iMac, require me to turn off BT on the phone (although I do not have to “forget” them) while using the computer. When I am done with the computer, I turn the phone’s BT back on, but often I have to turn the HA’s off, then back on, to reconnect. It’s not perfect, but workable.

Actually the Marvel Platform got a firmware update to enable connection to more one device, although it seems it’s only available from your audiologist clinic.