Pairing Nucleus 8 to Iphone 8. Help!

Hi. I have Nucleus 8 and iphone 8, with ios 16.4. I am trying to pair and not having any success. I get to accessibility screen, then hearing devices, but nothing indicates pairing. I do have resound ha on my iphone, and the pairing instructions say to unpair other devices before trying to pair new device. But I find that confusing, because I will need both linked at my next audioogist appointment. Does anyone know what to do next? I would contact Cochlear, but they’re gone till Monday. Thanks for any help. Also, do I pair both Nucleus 8 and Kanso2 at the same time? Aside from dealing with problems like this, I am loving using a CI.

Do you have the Cochlear Nucleus Smart app?

Did your audiologist link the processor and hearing aid in the CI software?

1 Like

No. That is to come next month. But for now I’m supposed to learn to use nucleus app.

Welcome to my world, I’m useless at anything like this and I’ve had a CI for nearly 4 years. I do know your CI & HA won’t stream bilaterally until all 3 have been linked together on your AuDs computer.

You can always ring Cochlear and ask for a technician they will walk you through pairing your devices. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try Cochlear tech on Monday when they’re back, unless someone answers before that. I’m not looking for bilaterally at the moment, just want the nucleus app to work for me. I suspect if I get antsy, I’ll unpair my ha and see if that works. I can always re-pair if I still aren’t connected to CI.

Something else…
Your N8 and K2 will not pair with your and and phone at the same time.
Only one of your processors will pair at a time.

If you decide to switch from the N8 to your K2 the N8 has to be un-paired and forgotten to get your K2 going.

1 Like

Just a random thought, have you watched the YouTube videos on pairing your CI?

Definitely. I think I just can’t believe what they’re telling me about unpairing my HA before I pair my CI. I’m sorry they don’t add a sentence explaining whether I re-pair later or don’t need them paired after linking.

Thank you for mentioning that. The video I saw showed two CIs linked, but it was two Nucleus’. There’s a lot to learn quickly…And in this instance, I don’t know yet whether I prefer N8 or K2. Still testing both.

2 Likes