Pairing bimodal devices

I dread anything IT, simply because when I went to school it was back in the days of a slate board and chalk. Computers weren’t heard of back in the day.

I went and purchased a new iPhone 13 today. Every update that has gone wrong or new phone I purchased I had to trot of into Cochlear to get them to fix my pairing and linking my devices. It took my IT savvy son 3 hours to sort out the mess I had made trying to set up my new iPhone. The only thing I did right was backup my old phone yesterday. :joy:

I restored my backup and prayed like hell that my accessibility on my backup worked.
Sigh neither of my devises were connected. :cry:
I wasn’t concerned as I have to go into Cochlear tomorrow for some research program they are doing. I thought I’d give it one go to pair them, I opened up the hearing devices, took my processor off as well as my HA. Unscrewed my CI battery and connected it again. I opened my HA battery door and closed it again.

Who knew it was so simple to repair my devices. :roll_eyes::joy: It only took me 3.5 years to work out how simple pairing actually is. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Yeah, the only problem is when you do a RMA of hearing aid or sound processor. the pairing is lost, there has to be a better way to pair the 2 devices using the Nucleus Smart app to link them up together without going to your audiologist to pair them…

2 Likes

After reading your post, did you get the processor paired to the new phone?

I have found that getting the phone ready for pairing first helps. Have it ready to push the pair button.
Then restart the processors or aids. Then push the pair button on the phone.

The processor and aid BOTH will stay in the pairing mode for about 30 seconds giving you time to mess with the phone.

1 Like

@Raudrive after doing the restore backup, both devices were still showing up in the my new phone. Exactly the same as when you take them off at night. They were still linked and paired.

All I had to do was reconnect both devices just by opening battery doors and reconnecting CI battery. I didn’t have to go through the full process of repairing them.

1 Like