Pair Nucleus 7 - Resound Enzo Q to portable bluetooth speaker

I have a considerable library of music CDs. I purchased an Anker SoundCore 2 portable speaker which I connect to a portable CD player. I can listen to music played on the CD player. I would like to make use of the Bluetooth capability of the speaker but can’t figure out how to pair my Nucleus 7 and Resound Enzo Q hearing devices to the speaker. Does it have to be done through my iPhone?
Thanks.

Just guessing but try pairing the speaker to your phone.
If it pairs see if your phone will bring music to your bimodal set up.

1 Like

like @Raudrive said, Pair your iphone with speakers., you probably need to change the audio routing to speakers

1 Like

Thanks to Raudrive and ssa.
I did the pairing using the iPhone. It “seemed” to work. Here’s what I observed. First of all, the little Soundcore 2 speaker does come with a small booklet of documentation. The information is available in 10 languages! But for each language (mine being English) there is so little information that Anker must assume all users are teenagers not 90 year olds.

The solid blue dot on the speaker indicates that it is paired to my hearing devices. There is no mention of the speaker in the Nucleus 7 app or the Resound app. But on the iPhone/Settings/Bluetooth the Soundcore is listed as a device. Clicking on Soundcore initiates streaming. At least I think it does. The Nucleus 7 app says “not currently streaming”. And other sounds, like faucet in the kitchen, are not stopped as they are when streaming a video on the iPhone. I tried reducing the microphone level under Settings/Accessibility/Hearing Devices but that seems to reduce the music sound as well. It all seems rather strange. It’s a muddle of CD player/speaker/iPhone/hearing devices all competing. Still it does work and thanks for your help.

This statement is incorrect in my opinion.
The processor and aid pair to the phone only.
Your speaker pairs to the phone.

On your phone when you start the mentioned speaker, does the sound stream to your processor/aid?

Raudrive,
You are correct. If I’m listening to music and the blue dot on the speaker is solid I assume the sound is being streamed to my hearing devices. Or so the documentation indicates. If I turn the iPhone off the blue dot on the speaker flashes on/off indicating that it is not streaming. I can still hear the music as I assume it is coming from the speaker to the hearing devices but not streaming. Since the sound is pretty much the same either way it is hard for me to tell whether it’s streaming or not.

With your iphone on and the speaker going.
Go into your iphone under Bluetooth devices and see if that speaker is listed. If it’s listed you need to add or accept it to your list.

Good luck with this.
Hopefully a iOS member will chime in on this.

1 Like

Yes, it’s listed and says connected.

1 Like

Try walking far away from the speaker. If it is streaming, you should be able to still hear it at the same intensity.

While streaming from your phone does the phone’s volume control change streaming volume?

Yes. Streaming music residing on my iPhone the volume control works. Also streaming from a CNN video the volume control does what it’s supposed to do.