Pair Jabra Enhanced Pro 10 to Laptop

Last evening I tried using the Multi Mic positioned hear the TV speaker as a direct link to my Jabra HAs. Terrific result! Same thing would work with a laptop.

1 Like

The Multimic is mono.

If you want stereo then you need the TV Streamer.

2 Likes

You can connect multimic directly to your TV, via headphone jack. It should result in much better sound.

However it cuts the TV speaker out, I use it just as @mystuart does, it’s ok for the laptop tho.

2 Likes

I was thinking about the MultiMic but it is not stereo? Only mono?

It is only mono sadly. The TV Streamer is stereo.

This is interesting to know–plugging external mic into TV headphone jack. I’ll try it–THANKS!

I tried plugging into the headphone jack cuts the audio coming from the tv speakers. If your alone great. If others want to hear the audio another alternative is plug into the TV’s output audio ports. The audio from the ports is very weak (it may seem there is no audio at all) using a headset amplifier will boost the signal to audible levels and can be adjusted by the amplifier.

1 Like

I think I’ll stick with placing my eternal mic close to the TV sound output. I pick it up just great w/ my HAs!! (Don’t care about stereo.)

I ordered a ReSound Multimic from Ebay to try out how well it will work with the TV. I think it might help with meetings I attend also. I just hope it will work with my Jabra Enhance Pro 10 HA’s. I have read that they are clones of ReSound OMNIA 9’s so I hope I can use it.

Yes, it works w/ the new Jabras that you mention. I have the same hearing aid. Glad you are getting one and hope you find it satisfactory! I find the device very useful. I regularly walk with a friend, and he wears it around his neck while we talk. The easiest way to control it (on, off, etc) is via the app, I find, although a long push of the hearing aid ‘button’ also usually turns it on or off. If you have an iPhone, there’s a handy built-in app findable in Accessibility that, generally, I prefer to the Jabra Enhance Pro app. You can use either.
I wouldn’t call the Jabras “clones”. It is the new name for ReSound aids–all made by GN in Denmark. [see correction below]

My understanding is that the Jabra brand of ReSound aids is for online sales and support and for the Costco version of ReSound aids. The Jabra brand is not a replacement for the ReSound brand.

ReSound aids will still be marketed via the traditional channel.

2 Likes

It looks like you are quite right. I misunderstood. For years I wore expensive ReSound aids, obtained through a private audiologist. Now I’m wearing Jabra from Costco and am very satisfied. Some Jabra devices are designed for situational hearing challenges by ‘regular’ ears, others (Enhance Pro 10) are designed for “hard of hearing” folks. I’m wearing the latter.

Connected the Resound MultiMic to my Jabra Enhanced Pro 10’s not sure what I will use it for. I tried in a meeting and just HA’s seemed to work better. I did use to listen to TV and it worked, but I also hooked up a bluetooth transmitter to the audio outputs of the TV and that gives me the option have the TV to transmit sound to both my bluetooth ear buds and TV sound or have the TV sound be mute and just transmit to my ear buds. Still need to try the Telicoil option in movie theater’s, and a few more meeting and restaurant situations.

1 Like

The thing about the Phone Clip Plus is that it’s BT from the PC to the Phone Clip and then another BT relay from the Phone Clip to the HA’s. So, the latency is really bad.

The Multi-Mic, as the other posters above note, can be wired directly to the PC, so there is only one proprietary BT (low-latency?) relay between Phone Clip and HA’s. But the Multi-Mic runs off its internal Li-ion battery. So, in the long run, you will be wearing it out. If I were going to stream from my PC, I’d go for the TV Streamer 2 as it’s AC-powered and has no battery to wear out.

2 Likes

I’ve found the MultiMic to be hit or miss. Sometimes I can put it on a table in a restaurant, for example, and it really helps. At other times, it doesn’t. The problem, I think, is that there’s no monitor that tells a user how loud the sound is set at.

I really like the MM for streaming a meeting from Zoom, though. I plug the MM into my PC with the cable that was in the package, and the sound comes across really clearly. I imagine the less complex mike will also allow that.

BTW, the specs for the Pro 10s sold by Costco look like the same as ReSound Omnia 9s; they give users a few more options than Omnia 7s. For example, the Pro 10s have the same number of levels of noise reduction as the Omnia 9s, which is 1 more than the 7s. The Pro 10 has a tinnitus control function like the 9s, although few Costco staff members are allowed by law to use the controls.

The ReSound app does the same thing as the Jabra app on my iphone SE.

Bottom line: the Pro 10s look a lot more like the Omnia 9s than the 7s.

1 Like

That’s because it’s made to be clipped to one persons front.

It doesn’t have the correct Microphone to work as a Table Mic.

If you read the MultiMic doc, you would see that it works as a single-person mic if it’s clipped in a vertical position on a person’s body and as an omni-directional mic if it’s placed horizontally, as on a table. My experience is that the doc is correct, the many times I’ve used the MultiMic in meetings.

3 Likes

That is my experience too, just as the manual states

1 Like

For general use, it’s worth remembering that the Resound Multi-Mic is mono, which is fine for many uses, but the TV Streamer 2 is stereo which makes it much better for other uses.

Also the Resound TV Streamer 2 can be run from the AC as @jim_lewis says, but it’s quite low power and so you can also run it from a USB power bank or similar.

1 Like