Oticon's ConnectClip continually disconnecting

It works find for recovering my CC that wasn’t working. By the way I have the More1 firmware version 1.4.2.
The procedure is straight from Oticon also if you are wondering.

1 Like

If you were able to fix the problem by only resetting the CC (which clears the pairings with the HAs), it’s a different situation than the problem that requires the pairings to be cleared in the HAs.

By definition, pairing involves a pair of devices (2X since there are two HAs). Clearing the pairings in one device doesn’t clear the pairings in both devices. For whatever reason, it appears that the pairings in the HAs gets corrupted and the only fix is to clear them, but the only way you can do that is with the Genie 2 software (and a Noahlink Wireless device).

1 Like

I have Oticon Real 1’s. Since the latest update my TV streamers (3.0) do not produce any sound although paired. I have reset everything. I guess there is a major firmware problem here. I have 3 x TV adaptors (3.0) and the same problem is happening to each of them.

1 Like

Well same symptoms different fix.

1 Like

With all of the problems I had with More and Real and the CC, I never had any problems with the TV adapter. I only have one, however, not three, and I don’t use it very often.

If you’re not able to get them working by resetting and re-pairing, I suggest that you have an appointment with the audiologist.

1 Like

I have the More1 aids and i have 3 TV adapters, but use each of them very seldomly. But i haven’t had any problems with connectivity. I am beginning to see my VA audiologist reasoning for telling me to not be in a hurry to upgrade my More1 aids to newer aids.

Ditto here at @darylm 's suggestion. There is one more unpairing of your hearing aids from the TV Adapter 3.0 that can be tried but it needs to be done on the Genie 2 software by your HCP (unless you’re a DIY).

@Lezibat 's issue sounds like a total no-longer-working issue after the Real’s latest firmware update. It’s not an intermittent connectivity issue like with the ConnectClip.

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your ConnectClip issue, I also have the same problem. My audio is muted every 7 seconds for 2 second duration and my HA’s have the latest firmware of 1.4.3, I’m still trying to figure this out how to correct this.

Audologist upgrades my oticon more from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and this started happening to me as well, while 1.4.2 worked just fine. Workaround is to turn off Bluetooth on my phone ( I.e. disconnect hearing aids from phone ) when I do this then issue is gone and clipconnect is streaming just fine. Frustrating I hope they fix it soon. They should better test firmware before releasing it.

I have the same issue but mine has audio for seven seconds and mute for 2 seconds and continues to repeat the issue., this all started after I had my HA’s updated to 1.3.4. I was told by HA dispenser that the issue was the communication of Bluetooth was the result of too many devices trying to connect to the ConnectClip. I disconnect from all devices such as cell phone PC, and tv, this still does not solve the issue, I suspect this is a software issue, the HA mfg, software firm are not taking responsibility for these issue, leaving HA dispensers and customer holding the bag with the audio cutout problems.

The HA dispenser is uninformed. The problem is known by Oticon and it has nothing to do with the number of devices connected or trying to connect to the ConnectClip.

If you are willing to share contacts, I would love to be part of the solution. What I currently have does not improve my life. My HAs are Octicon Real 1. My 6-year old Oticons were so much better. I sent my new ones back to the company after a week and connectivity now is worse.

Since the latest firmware updates for the More1 and the Real1 aids, I haven’t had any issues with my connection clip, or my aids connectivity wise with my Samsung phone.

This worked for me too. Using the rocker did not work, putting them in the charger and take them out again worked.

What firmware are your Real 1’s on now ?

My Real1 aids are at firmware 1.1.0
I do have disconnect issues at times, my audiologist has forwarded my email to Oticon for a response about the issue. The last response I got was they are looking into my issue as it has been reported by others. It seems that the VA system as a large pull with Oticon due to the volume of aids that the VA system buys from the company.