Oticon Xceed SP and UP fitting range

Post duplicate, read below

I have a pair of Oticon Dynamo SP8 - best of my hearing aids ever, after Oticon Chili SP9. I have had great hope than Oticon Xceed will be same or better in terms of power. But when I installed Oticon Genie 2019.2, I was frustrated and disappointed…

As I can see, both Xceed SP and Xceed UP have significantly lower power output than my Dynamo… Speech region by Xceed cannot reach my audiogram by soft sounds. Lowered “S” cannot reach my audiogram even in strongest position, even in Xceed UP.

So… are Oticon Xceed SP and Xceed UP REALLY weaker than my Dynamo???

Sorry, but all advices a-la Oticon rude, to “change into other brands”, or to “try” CI, will be ignored. Excuse me.audiogram dynamo%20Audiological%20view dynamo%20speech%20rescue Xceed%20SP%20audiological%20view Xceed%20SP%20Speech%20Rescue Xceed%20UP%20audiological%20view Xceed%20UP%20Speech%20Rescue

I now have some evidence that xceed (both sp and up) is weaker than dynamo (maybe only in case of my audiogram). Several professionals has confirmed this fact. So xceed is not a most powerful hearing aid.

1 Like

My wife will be trying the Oticon exceed and the Phonak Naida B UP in the near future. I’ve been looking at the specs, and while Oticon brags the exceed is the most powerful hearing aid on the market, that is only at one frequency — at other frequencies the Phonak seems to be more powerful.

The exceed also brags that it has a brand-new way of controlling feedback which is a big factor for my wife. Five years ago her loss was about 110 DB and I expect it’s in the 120 DB range now. Five years ago an audiologist recommended a cochlear implant but she doesn’t want that. seven years ago she gave up having audiologists making earmolds for her — after three tries— and since then I’ve been making her ones out of earplugs that are considerably better, because they expand in and out as she moves (see previous post of mine). But that is one of the issues she will be comparing the Oticon versus the Phonak on.

Did you buy the xceed?