Oticon Xceed after Oticon Dynamo?

“davewg” posted three days ago that the Xceed uses a size 13 battery. So it has to be one or the other (size 13 or 675)? Personally (for power aids I think the 675 is better) especially if you stream a lot.

Agree to a point. Many times feedback is due to a poor HA ear mold that does not fit ear canal properly. Many times just talking, chewing, moving jaw, yawning, etc, creates feedback. But other times it could be due to the HA volume “setting” being maxed out or turned too high. One would assume if a HA manufacturer making a power aid - would insure HA itself would not create feedback in any volume setting.

It appears at this early juncture we are just getting reports on what the Oticon Xceed is “suggested to do” versus user feedback after trialing HA a few weeks. What will be interested to see play out is that the Oticon Xceed “first to market” (power aid) might put pressure on Phonak, Widex and others to come with their respective power aids sooner versus later.

The exceed SP takes 13 batteries and the exceed UP takes 675 batteries.

Great - thanks. With so many hearing aids going the rechargeable battery route its nice to know some manufacturers are still offering size 675 battery. I’ve also been waiting for Widex to come out with their so called “energy cell” technology but the company appears to be delaying that feature for some reason. Widex was supposed to come out with new energy cell this summer. Then this fall. I’m extremely leery being first in line with “radical new HA changes” since you don’t have a track record of dependability/durability. Yea I know there is a warranty but no one wants to make multiple trips back and forth to have continued repair work done.

…adding my two cents to UP hearing aids and the trend to rechargeabiligy in the market:

I think at least the SilverZinc rechargeable solution would be easy to implement if there is a demand for a rechargeable 675-size hearing aid. There are disadvantages and the trend in the market goes to LiIon cells and here I expect a few years longer time for the hearing aid industry to launch such a product.
An UP is a hearing aid where size hasn’t priority over performance. In such a case I can imagine that a 675 form factor can be replaced by a rectangular and more efficient LiIon cell.
I don’t expect this will happen in the next 3-5 years. For the manufacturers the UP BTE market is much less lucrative than the mid range performance hearing aids, which are produced in very high volumes.

So heading into New Year but still no posts regarding users trial or purchase of Oticon Exceed. Wonder what the record is (time wise) for a new hearing to hit the market yet nothing posted (pro or con) on Hearing Tracker?

1 Like

There’s one review on the Hearing Tracker site from November of an Xceed UP.

1 Like

Likewise, never a feedback issue.

Very interested also re the Xceed as I now wear the Dynamo which has been very good; but the Xceed maybe better now??

I’m in the same boat, hopefully to find out very soon.

At the present, I wear Oticon Exceed 1 UP. I was wearing Exceed 2 SP, but had a lot of problems with them. For some reason, I would hear whatever I would speak, echo back at me thru the hearing aid. No matter what my audi did, the echo would remain. We tried another set on exceed 2, and about 3 different sets of earmolds. Nothing worked. She called Oticon for help and still nothing worked.
So we finally gave up and she brought in the Exceed 1UP. They are larger, uses a bigger battery.
But so far no echo.
I have had these for just about a month. I need to have her make a few adjusts. I would like the clarity adjusted. At times, I have a problem with understanding some speech.
Also, every now and then I will hear a fluttering sound thru the left ear. Not all the time, so it must be with just certain words.
But all in all, I like them.