Oticon warranty repair over 7 weeks so far

@joesan: I wear More1s, and am very happy with their performance. I would agree that lab service seems to be Oticon’s Achilles’ heel, along with their pitiful ON app. But I can’t fault the level of assistance they provide in overcoming my hearing deficits (bearing in mind that the devices don’t cure, they just … aid).

[“bearing in mind that the devices don’t cure, they just … aid” … boy, that has a nice ring to it, don’t it? Just rolls off the tongue like a bug off a hard-chromed deflector!]

1 Like

My replaced Oticon was returned to Kaiser, Santa Rosa, Ca. in just over a week, thankfully.

The ear molds not fitting sounds like an issue with the impressions be done incorrectly. The next question are you sure the ear molds were done by an Oticon lab or did your audiologist uses some other lower bit lab? I have been getting custom ear molds for my Oticon aids for a number of years and they fit correctly the first time normally.

@cvkemp: This has been my experience too. It’s only this past year that I’ve had to get a mould redone (3x before they got it right), however the work was done by the Oticon lab, and not some subcontractor.

One of my former coworkers worked for WHCA way back. On a trip they were on the street and he was carrying the football. An O-6 went to grab the football and my coworker wound up a swing at him and he backed off, saying, sorry, you’re right, I was wrong to do that. I don’t think he wanted to be involved in any issue where he was entrusted with that and something happened to it.

WH

1 Like

@WhiteHat: Isn’t the football handcuffed to the carrier at all times?

2 Likes

Should be at least it was back when I was there

1 Like

First, I had miscounted on the calendar — it’s only been 7 weeks.

Anyway, I wrote to the Audi instead of the tech, the Audi pushed things around quickly, and the tech figured out it had been lost in the mail. Oticon sending a new device.

5 Likes

Thats RIDICULOUS,ask your Provider for a receipt of mailing first then if its kosher I would attempt to get a replacement from where you bought it.These are Rechargeable hearing Aids,at worse it would be the battery but 7 weeks is totally unprofessional and you need to get up on a Soapbox and start complaining to Oticon which has a US headquarters in Somerset NJ.Email is support@oticon and peoplefirst@oticonusa.com or 1-800-526-3921.Rant and Rave that You want a replacement or a replacement until you get yours back!

2 Likes

This is my first post. I don’t think that level of service is unique to Oticon. I have Phonak iic’s (titanium) and they have been remade 7 times. I am now working on remake number 8 (we’re getting closer) and they have been at Phonak for over a month. My Audi did give me a pair of loaners thank heavens. We send them back and tell them what needs ro be modified and it doesn’t happen.

Your post really surprised me because I’ve had only good experiences with them. I started having connectivity issues after 5 yrs so my audiologist sent them in on a Friday and I got completely redone hearing aid insides by the following Friday. Very pleased. I do have an extended warranty though. I watched her send them off via FedEx. I’m very glad you ended up getting new one. I had to have loaners during that week.

1 Like