Oticon Vigo Pro Connects w/ RITE Review

Since the start of my road test of the Vigo Connect Pro RITE last week, I have made a couple of observations:

• While at a restaurant, I am hearing a lot of stuff and it’s difficult to focus on the person speaking to me or the other folks talking at the table. While I recognize that I am still adapting to this HA, I’ve worn HAs all my life so I don’t know if it is an issue of still needing to adapt versus needing to tweak the settings with the audiologist.

• I’ve worn ITE HAs since roughly 1980. Even so, my ear feels pretty well plugged up with the RITE. Is this normal? Will I get used to that?

• I’m not sure how far in the receiver should go but regardless, it eventually slides out, but still remains in the ear. Is that because the dome I’m using is too big?

Any input would be appreciated!

Directionality may need some tweaking to suit your listening expectations - moving the user setting to ‘gradual’ may stop it switching about more than you like.

Possible occlusion - depends on both the seal of the tip and the amount of low frequency amplification. You can get both modified to alter the effect and degree of seal.

The receiver should go in as far as the elbow in the wire - you can get the sport lock fitted if it won’t stay in place.

the only way to obj. know if there is occlusion is to mapp him

The first night that I got my new Vigo Pro’s we ate at a fancy restraunt that was all hardwood flooring and nothing on the walls and ceilings to help absorb sounds. I found it very difficult to focus as well. But since then (approx 3 weeks), i have found it much easier now. So i would say to give it sometime.

As for the plugged feeling, that was the first thing i noticed when i put mine in. I however have the molded RITE which looks like a ITC HA. The plug-iness has gone away for the most part and/or I have just gotten use to the feel and sound, mainly of my own voice. The moldings on mine actually have a clear little “arm” if you will that helps retain the RITE in the canal. Odd and slightly uncomfortable feature at first, but now that I am used to it i actually like it…makes for a good grab handle when taking the aids out.

Or just put the aid in with the power off and make an ‘eeeeeeeeee’ sound.

If he is acutely aware of his own voice, it’s physical occlusion - if he’s not it’s amplification. (I’m sorry, I can’t stand the Amplclusion term).

A drop in 2mm was the solution for the plug-in feeling and receiver not staying properly in place.

My very patient audie supplied me with 8mm and 10mm power domes to see which would work for my ear.

The 8mm worked but there was a lot of feedback.

The 10mm is the keeper. Even my voice sounds better to me. More open, so to speak.

I’m still thinking about trying the Epoq or the upcoming Agil/Agil Pro as they are said to deal with noisy situations better.

At the very least, I am content with the RITE and 10mm power dome. I may still try the sport lock.

agil will pergomr better in noisy situations, if you have a quite lifestyle then agil and epoq would be very similar