Oticon verses Costco Kirkland brand?

Oticon, not Opticon. Costco doesn’t sell a model that is directly comparable.

Unfortunately, we aren’t able to add Kirkland brand hearing aids to our hearing aid comparison engine since we aren’t able to get the full feature details for their products (required for addition to the engine)… However you can read consumer reviews for both the Oticon Opn 2 and latest KS devices on our hearing aid page.

The “Trial” period of 6 months at Costco or what ever period at other providers is really a misnomer to me.
You don’t get to try the aids for the trial period… You have to buy the aids and they have a 6 month return for refund period. My experience with Costco was to try the hearing aids while walking around the store for about 10~15 minutes. You can’t tell much from that. Perhaps it varies with location. At a private audiologist clinic they provided a Trial of a week~10 days without any purchase. There was no charge if you did not purchase the aids. They also mentioned that some clinics do charge up to $250 ~ $300 if you do not buy the aids. The private clinic also provided a much more complete hearing exam and did not charge for it either whether you bought the aids or not. I received a copy of both Audiograms and many of the items were not filled in on the Costco exam. Just my experience. There is a big difference in getting to try something and being able return something after you bought it. It is my understanding, that in most states, that hearing aids must be sold with a minimum 30 return period.

This is the Florida statute which has similar wording of most states.

64B20-8.009 Thirty-Day Trial Period; Purchaser’s Right to Cancel; Notice; Refund; Cancellation Fee.
(1) A person selling a hearing aid(s) in the State of Florida must provide the purchaser with written notice of the 30-day trial period and money-back guarantee, as provided in Section 468.1246, Florida Statutes, and subsection 64B20-8.008(3), F.A.C. The terms and conditions of the guarantee as well as the total amount available for refund shall be provided in writing to the purchaser prior to the signing of the contract.
(2) The guarantee shall permit the purchaser to cancel the purchase, for a valid reason, within 30 days of the receipt of the hearing aid(s). A valid reason shall be defined as failure by the purchaser to achieve satisfaction from use of the hearing aid(s), so long as the hearing aid(s) is returned to the seller within the 30-day trial period in good working condition. If the hearing aid(s) must be repaired, remade, or adjusted within the 30-day trial period, then the trial period shall be suspended until the purchaser reclaims the hearing aid(s) or until 4 days after the purchaser is notified that the hearing aid(s) is available to be reclaimed, whichever is earlier. In the event of cancellation within the 30-day trial period, the purchaser shall have the right to receive a refund of the total purchase price, less the charges for earmold(s) and service provided to fit the hearing aid(s) not to exceed $150.00 for monaural and $200 for binaural hearing aid(s), and cancellation fee not to exceed 5% of the total purchase price of the hearing aid(s).
Specific Authority 468.1135(4) FS. Law Implemented 468.1246 FS. History–New 11-30-94, Formerly 59BB-8.009.

Hi Sonya,
Could you please advice how to find that online dealer for OPN1 $3758?
Thanks so much I’m advace!
Darren

Mine were $3700 via hearingrevolution.com. They set you up with a local audiologist for fitting. I love my aids and like my audiologist, thoughI have to say I think she’s a little less enthusiastic about multiple follow up appointments when getting paid less, but she’s the one who signed up for the referral. 60 day return period, 2 years worth of batteries (just a few up front, apparently they send you the remainder when you pass the return period), one year of adjustments all included. After the year you pay by the visit. Full 3 year warranty, with a one time loss replacement for a reasonable deductible (in the $300 range IIRC).

Thank you Charlie, BTW, $3700 for a pair or each? Is it Oticon OPN1 or 2 or others?
I am LA. Can I get audiologist in my area from this website?
Thanks again in advance!
Darren

$3700/pair for OPN1s. Yes, they’ll refer you to a local audiologist when you call. There are other hearing aid referral services with a similar business model, FYI.