Oticon tv adaptor price

My brother is going to buy a tv adaptor. He has MORE1. It is $185 on Amazon and $300 from Audiologist. Can anyone give insight on why he should not go with Amazon?

As long as it is the Oticon TV Connect version 3 then I would say Amazon but no if it is version 1 or 2

So, I use Phonak, not Oticon, but I bought one of the latest TV connectors for my brand on ebay last winter, and it has been superb. And much less than any other source I found. Something to consider, if they are available up there.

WH

1 Like

I got screwed by EBay once and will never deal with EBay again.

1 Like

I’ve bought over half a dozen used/refurbished hearing aid - TV sound adaptors and Bluetooth microphones on eBay for my aids without a problem and saved a lot of money doing it. Be sure the model number of the accessory supports the model of Oticon hearing aids you have, because older aids will not be supported by newer accessories and vice versa. You must check the supported devices list on the manufacturer website carefully before ordering.

2 Likes

I got my Oticon TV Adapter 3.0 back in 2017 for $125 from eBay new in box and it works just fine. As long as the Amazon purchase can be returned if there’s a problem, I don’t see why not.

2 Likes

Over the years I have bought and sold many items on eBay. Reading a sellers feedback can lead to a trouble free experience. I also buy a lot from Amazon and have had great service from them. Just make sure to read the items return policy. I try and buy directly from Amazon when available rather than individual sellers. Far easier to return when/if necessarily. Just make sure you are buying the most up to date device.

2 Likes

^^ This. Also try and figure out where the seller is. They will probably be overseas.

2 Likes

I also look to see if there are other sellers of the item besides Amazon. The items sourced from all the sellers go in one space for a particular item sold on Amazon. And purchases come out of the same space regardless of which one was selected as seller. So if one/some of the sellers sources counterfeit items, even buying Amazon sold items might get you a counterfeit item. Ugh. And it can be hard to tell sometimes. And Amazon has a hard time figuring it out as a result. You complain that the Amazon sold item was counterfeit, but the item was really sold by a little guy. And his sales don’t get flagged because most/more of the items on the shelf were legit. Have seen this in particular with batteries.

WH

i have oticon opn1 that i bought in 2018. i never used its tv adapter. if it is compatible with your aids. i could sell them to you at reasonable price. i will create ebay listing for you if interested. i am based in mississauga, ontario.

My brother purchased a tv adapter 3.0 from Amazon. He said it is fantastic and it is the first time in10 years he can listen to the tv properly. It is set up to stream to his hearing aid. Thanks to all of you for your input!

1 Like