Oticon TV adapter feedback!

I have the More 1’s and the TV adapter. My wife has a pair of Bluetooth ear buds paired with the tv also. The problem I am having is she evidently gets her sound directly from the tv and by the time I turn the tv vol up high enough for her ear buds to work for her the volume is so high I get a volume feedback through my hearing aids via the adapter. When she goes to bed I turn the tv vol down to almost nothing and the feedback in my ears goes away! Obviously I have something hooked up incorrectly. Any suggestions? Thanks.

How do you have the TV adapter connected to the TV?
I am using the audio fiber optical cable connected to my TV and it works independently of the TV volume control. I can even mute the TV and i can listen to the TV. I do this when I don’t want to disturb my wife. If my wife is also watching TV she can set the volume independent of my streaming volume. With the app i can also mute my hearing aids microphones or adjust the streaming volume separately from the aids microphone volume.

2 Likes

Thanks. Problem solved. Ended up being that she was using a set of earbuds that had no volume control. Switched to a pair that have vol control feature and that solved the problem.

1 Like

Indeed- push “mute” on your TV remote and the optical output happily ignores your command. Not a great feature when you want peace during commercials, or when the wife asks something during a football game. I know I can mute my Phonaks using its app, but that is not very convenient (slow). Even worse, many new TVs do not even have standard analog audio outputs anymore.

You don’t understand the way it works, if you don’t want to here the aids, then use the app on your phone and mute the streaming from the TV adapter. The set up using the audio optical cable bypasses the TV controls period.

Maybe you should try connecting the adapter to the audio output of the TV, and then your hearing aids to the audio output of this adapter? This way the signal will go straight from the TV to the adapter, and then to your hearing aids, bypassing your wife’s headphones. Maybe this way it will be possible to avoid loudness feedback.

1 Like

This is most easily solved by connecting the TV audio to a dual Bluetooth emitter (about 15 $). One signal goes to your wive’s earbuds, the other goes to a BT receiver (a 5$ USB receiver will do) that feeds your TV streamer. I have a similar setup, with a rotary dial nearby that controls the volume that goes to the streamer (since I find the push buttons on it not very handy). Note also that analog audio signals can be split endlessly.
To clarify my earlier comment: yes, I know the optical audio output ignores remote TV “mute” commands. I just find that bloody inconvenient.