Oticon Streamer Pro

Oticon has a new Streamer Pro 1.3A. I gives you the same app as the IPhone on Android devices. Also The Streamer Pro 1.2 can have its firmware updated to 1.3 so it will also work with android.

Have you tried it out, Chuck? If so, what are your first impressions? I haven’t been able to use the app with my streamer because I have an older version of the streamer, so I’m looking forward to getting the new version of the streamer in 2015. I love the idea of being able to control my HA with my phone!

Kerry

I have the streamer pro 1.2 with the 1.2 firmware I am using the iPhone 5s and the app works great

I was not able to get my streamer Pro updated today that will have to wait until January.

Today, I started trialing the Alta Pro, but the streamer box is labeled 1.2. Since I have an android phone, I looked for the 1.3A firmware upgrade online but couldn’t find it. Anyone have a link? (I’m assuming the streamer can be upgraded through the USB “charging” cable.)

Thx, Ron

The streamer has to be updated by the audiologist using the same software that is used to fit the aids.

The updater won’t be available until the next version of the fitting software is released, probably sometime in April. If you want the upgrade before then, your audi can send the streamer to Oticon and they will apply the update and send it back.

In the Apple App Store I’m searching on “Oticon Connectline” and coming up with “no results.” (Running ios 8 on iPad2.) What’s up with that? It’s almost like they removed it, since “Oticon Connectline” actually comes up as a search term when you simply type “Oticon.”

Search for just Oticon. And you must have one of the newer IPhones, I have the IPhone 5s. I am not sure but I do not believe it works with Iphone 4 series phones.And I do not know about any of the IPads. I do know they have to have the latest bluetooth to work. I was not able to find it with Oticon Connectline but Oticon will find it.

Oticon: “The ConnectLine App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch runs on iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Streamer Pro 1.2 App or later. When installing the ConnectLine App on iPad, search for iPhone apps in App Store.”

Ok, got it, thanks. I was limiting search to ipad only. Gives nothing. Searching with the iPhone filter does find the app (1.2) and it does work on the iPad (after pairing, of course), tho remains to be seen how usefully.

If anyone wants to confirm which version of the streamer they have, simple instructions here:

And, yes, my fitter confirms that to get my streamer upgraded to 1.3A at this time, he’ll need to send to factory.

-Ron

Great to know thank you I was not sure about the IPads I do not have one but thinking about getting one.

A nice way to make the most of the Streamer – if you have an iPhone or iPad – is to press the Phone button on the streamer to access Siri. For instance, you can ask Siri to search for something online (what’s the temperature in Paris, who won the game, what’s the population of Tahiti…), what time it is, to play, pause or skip music, etc., or even to give you directions. Hearing the directions right in your ears is quite a neat feature! You can also dictate notes to the phone, set reminders or start a timer.

1 Like

Any updates on how to update the streamer pro with firmware 1.2 to a later version?

I have downloaded genie 2017.1 but the firmware updater does not seem to recognize the streamer pro with firmware 1.2

Could it be a missing driver?

Which version of Genie are you running (Genie or Genie 2)? Click this Link.