Oticon Real with Siri

I’m currently trialing phonak lumity life 90’s and while I love all of the extras on them, I can’t hear very well with them. My audi hopes to have a pair of Oticon REAL’s in early May that I can try (I currently have 7 year old Opn’s that I’ve been happy with) but I’m having trouble finding info on whether the newer Oticons use Siri. I’m enjoying the Phonak double tap to use Siri to make calls, etc… Can I make hands free calls with the Oticon REAL devices just using the button on the hearing aid?

I just say Hey Siri call ‘person or number’. But to my understanding I can press the button on my aids to answer or end calls. But if Siri is set to listen for hey siri then that works for me. Now I always have my phone close to me, either in a shirt or jean’s pocket.

2 Likes

Thank you! I wonder why Oticon doesn’t have the same type of setup as Phonak…it would be nice not to have Siri set on to listen.

1 Like

Phonak doesn’t use the same type of Bluetooth. Phonak doesn’t use MFi like the other brands do, Phonak uses classic Bluetooth which is more power intensive and cause battery issues.

3 Likes

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90 rechargeable hearing aids. I get about 16 hours of use each day. The only time I was really concerned was during a hospital visit overnight. Thet day I wished they had replaceable batteries.

I can’t speak for the Lumity hearing aids battery life.

Hope this helps!

DaveL

2 Likes