Oticon Real 2nd Pair Streaming Issues

Replacements REAL 1 ( 312 battery style) were received today and we have the same issue with them not being useful for streaming, calls or online Teams meetings.

I unpaired my OPNS1 aids from my phone, unpaired the old Connect clip and paired the new REAL 1 aids. Steaming audio from say You tube gives audio through only 1 side at a time just like the first set.

I then paired with a brand new connect clip, paired that to the phone and the same issue.

I unpaired the CC from my phone, paired it to my laptop and the same issues…one side or the other and at times garbled.

I don’t understand why the OPNS1 will work fine with the CC and these won’t but they are rather useless for any type of streaming, calls, etc.

Thoughts?

Did you at any time clear the pairing (or have your HCP do it) of the ConnectClip in Genie 2? I’ve seen quite a few folks mention that they must have this done in order to get things to work again for a good while, until it happens again the next time, but at least it works well again for a while. Beside this workaround (which requires access to Genie 2), a longer term workaround is to send the aids back to revert back to firmware version 1.3.0 until Oticon figures out how to fix it for good. And yes, many people don’t have this issue with the OPN, only on the More and the Real.

There’s a rather long thread about the ConnectClip streaming issue if you search for it. It has most of the details in there.

1 Like