OTICON REAL 1's, 6 months of usage only

What is a pair of real’s worth? Anyone interested in buying? Nothing wrong with them, all accessories. I upgraded to the Intent. can do a basic program to audiogram before shipping. no speakers/wires included. But travel charger is.

Keep them for backups, you never know when you may need a backup set of aids.

1 Like

keeping them in a drawer, not cycling batteries is bad for the lithium. Will likely die and need a new battery when i need them. I can guy a replacement intent if needed. I have other old hearing aids with non-rechargable batteries i keep for backups, so i wouldn’t totally be in the dark until a new one comes in. So doesn’t make sense to leave them collecting dust. I have an offer of $1500. I paid 6500 8 months ago… so just wondering if that’s too low… Any takers at 2000?

If you paid $6500 only 8 months ago for Reals, why did you upgrade so soon? The used aids have depreciated by $5000. You must be very rich if you can afford to lose $5000 investment.

I don’t just keep them in a drawer, I wear them at least 1 day each month to cycle the batteries, I have a severe hearing loss with as my VA audiologist says a profound word recognition loss. I am never without my backup aids. I am very disciplined at keeping my aids ready to use on a moments notice. I have been wearing aids for 20 years and I live and die by my aids keeping them ready for use.

1 Like

I always want the BEST aids i can buy. And i got a crazy good deal on Intents, new set for 2500. So the 6500 was a sunk cost. I didn’t know i overpaid at the time, and i didn’t know i wanted Oticon brand then and would be happy. Price i paid to trial with them sold me on the brand. But when they came out with the Intents with the sensor that really works in speech in noise, i had to have it. I’m on 43, in middle of my career and active busy lifestyle. I am willing to pay any amount of money to get the best possible hearing close to normal as i can get.

1 Like

If the INTENT1 aids had been available at the time I was forced to retire I more than likely would not had to retire. The Real1 aids are good but nothing close to the INTENT1 aids. And I still say if you are a very busy career person keep the Real aids for a backup and keep them healthy battery wise by wearing them one day a month to keep the batteries cycled. Just pick one day out of your month that you are relaxing or playing golf or whatever aand you can manage without the INTENT aids. I actually also still have my More1 aids as a fall back on if my INTENT1 aids need to be repaired, like I said i am never without a backup set of aids.

1 Like

Where did you buy a pair of Intent 1 for $2,500?

$1,500 for Real 1 is a reasonable offer and above most eBay recently sold pricing. Accessories should add some value. Keep in mind that invoice price for Real 1 was roughly $2,500 and that the bundled services and profit were the rest of what you paid which has no value to the next owner. Warranty may not transfer either - does anyone know how Oticon handles that issue?

2 Likes