Oticon Real 1 Trial - some questions

Hi all,

I’ve started my Real 1 trail and I got some questions by now:

• People complain that they don’t hear me well when I’m using hands-free mode (crackling etc.). My previous HA’s (Resound) used the iPhone’s microphone. Is there an option to use the phone’s microphones instead of the HA’s microphones while calling?

• When I’m steaming the sound is very soft. Is there a way to increase the volume? Even at 100% it’s soft compared to my previous HA’s.

• Fitting: how do hearing care professionals usually measure which wire length and dome size you need? Trial and error?

Many thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I have More’s not Reals, but I think most of this will be the same.

I think to use the iPhone’s mic you open the control center. When you click on the ear icon to get to the hearing aid controls, do you have an option for Mic Input? If you switch Mic input to off does it use your iPhone mic? I think this should work but I am not certain (I can’t verify right now)

Sorry, I have not had the volume issue, mine is loud enough (and does change with the phone volume controls)

Wire size - I’m not sure if there is a way to measure, but for me it was trial and error. She used size 1 and when I tried them on she told me they were too long and changed to smaller ones. So I am no help on that one either. :slight_smile: Sorry

1 Like

I assume that you already use the volume button on your phone and set it to max and still find it not loud enough? If not so, that’d be the first thing I’d try.

But if yes, then below is the screenshot of Genie 2 and you can see that in this Phone tab, you can have your audi adjust the Phone Loudness to a louder volume. You can also select the streaming tone to be brighter or fuller (less bright, warmer). You can also increase the perception of the bass → the Power Bass setting to High from Medium as well. And you can also adjust the volume from the mics picking up the surrounding environmental sound to be more loud or less loud compared to the streaming volume (which is the Phone Loudness setting).

3 Likes