Oticon Real 1 Serial numbers

I have a pair Oticon Real 1’s from my AuD. I am a engineering type (doctors hate me) I noticed each HA had different serial numbers. You can see serial numbers and date of manufacture (I using the battery type) by opening the battery drawer and looking through to the other side of the HA. My HA serial numbers are B487Z4 and F15TJP with both having a manufacturing date of 1/23. Usually when a serial numbers are this different,with same manufacturing date, it represents engineering changes to a product. My AuD says each one was made to the same specs, but at a different manufacturing plants. Anybody know if that is true.Thank you ahead of time… .

The serial numbers on my Real 1 are also quite different. However, both are letter number letter letter number number. Same firmware. Not sure about the date of manufacture.

How do you know they are exactly the same manufacturer dates with those numbers, is 1/23 stamped on them or something else, your audiologist may correct, one would think it’s possible to have more then one manufacturing plant.

If you follow Oticon directions (warning ! they were not mechanically correct for my battery model) for finding your HA serial number and its manufacturing date, you will find your HA serial number and manufacturing date printed on the interior. Be very careful / gentle if you want to find / confirm your serial numbers, it would be very easy to break something. Go READ the directions for your model of HA before searching. If you are not mechanically inclined, DO NOT TRY to find it. Each individual HA serial number also appears on you Oticon control app.

Not exactly good advice for others, reading the serial numbers from the app I’m sure everyone knows this as a given, but for me anyway, my question was are the manufacturer dates printed or stamped on the HAs, as this is never been done before (for obvious reasons) or are you able to work this out using the serial numbers, this used to be possible with Siemens (now Signia) in the day.
If Oticon are printing the date inside the HAs can you show us a picture, I’m curious. Thanks

Hello tenkan, sent you a PM with how to find s/n and date of manufacture. I do not want to post how in fear that some will try to find / confirm their s/ns and break their HAs Checked my battery model The CE number was what I thought was date of manufacture. The only manufacture date is 23, no month. I cannot photo. But this is the out take from manual pic (edited out how s/n was found.
Edit 1us-real-minibte-t-and-minibte-r-instructions-for-use

Ok thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

That’s, that’s mechanically interesting.
But, how do you check for warranty if you have the serial numbers?
Thx

Yeah that’s the thing, Oticon Genie doesn’t offer it, well not without an account anyway, all the manufacturers should offer this.

There is no serial number, only “DENMARK” & 09

Can you get the numbers from the Oticon App? Could tell you this and what firmware your currently running.