Oticon Real 1 and Bluetooth LE Audio

Does Oticon have any plans to add Bluetooth LE Audio to the Real 1 so it can connect to a laptop directly?

I doubt it. Oticon Real use Bluetooth version 5.1 (google quick search).

Bluetooth LE audio require Bluetooth version 5.2 or 5.3 to support it.

But who know Oticon may update firmware and enable it (if they can it via firmware).

3 Likes

I doubt it, more likely the next upgraded model will have LE audio.

Also not every laptop has Bluetooth 5.2 or 5.3.

1 Like

Seems much more likely that it will be feature added to the next generation of aids, rather than making it available to to Real/More Aids via firmware even if it is possible.
You can connect Real aids directly to recent Apple laptops using MFI protocol - this was just added to the latest MacOS.

Thanks, yes my laptop has Bluetooth 5.3 (LMP 12)
Guess I’ll need to wait for next gen :frowning:

Thanks, my laptop is LMP 12 (BT 5.2) then yes, it’s hardware limitation from the Oticons :frowning:

yes, that is a great addition to the MacOS, but unfortunately for me it requires a M2/M3 chipset, but my MacBook is an Intel. This is a good option for M3 MacBook users in the meantime. Ideally, I want to connect to any home or work laptop (with 5.2 BT or higher) or TV without needing to worry about the ConnectClip dragging it around or charging it etc. Thanks, and hopefully Real will add it to any new devices.

1 Like

I don’t think having BT 5.2 or 5.3 is going to guarantee LE Audio compatibility.

4 Likes
2 Likes

ty, good article, yes my laptop has LE Audio option, guess its up to Oticon Real now :frowning: which may require getting the next release or switching brands.